Zurich Police to passengers "you could face 3 years in prison".

BurgerTiime

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/police-...nal-proceedings-against-uber-drivers/42749606

Police have also for the first time issued a warning to UberPop users: if you are found to be lying during a police check, - i.e. you say that you are a friend of the driver - you risk up to three years in prison.

Milito

uberdriverfornow

Why would anyone risk a fine by driving where it's not legal ? I can't really see how someone could be that stupid. Just wait til it's legal and then drive. Seems like common sense.

Danny3xd

Seems an odd law and even odder that it enforced so hard. I'm just not understanding the 16 days?

Danny3xd

I do not mean to speak disparagingly and do not disagree. I was asking for the logic behind it. Not suggesting any entity has the right to circumnavigate any law.

Danny3xd

But my question is still why is this law being enacted? The logic of it. Just a question.

Berliner

I´ve found this:

CONNECTICUT: Sunday belongs to God alone. In Hartford it is strictly forbidden to kiss women on the day of the Lord.

The logic of it? Just a question.

In the case of Switzerland it´s the line between business and private. Different countries, different rules.

Danny3xd

Yes, many "blue laws" still on the books here in the U.S. Some are really bizarre and hysterical. If not terribly sad and draconian.

What is happening in this conversation, between you and I is a cultural devide. Add to that a language barrier, not to mention when communicating without facial or body language, things can get misconstrued.

My question stands if anyone else would care to elaborate.

Why should someone be breaking the law by using a service 2ce in 16 days. Jailed for up to 3 years for saying he or she is friends with the Provider?

Last edited:

Berliner

Why should someone be breaking the law by using a service 2ce in 16 days. Jailed for up to 3 years for saying he or she is friends with the Provider?

Breaking the law is providing the service more than twice in 16 days, not using. Jailed for up to 3 years can happen if you as a pax told the police "it wasn´t a trip for hire" to protect the gypsy-cab-driver for punishment.

Hope it helps.

I_Like_Spam

This story demonstrates the problem with Uber's megalomaniacal determination to monopolize the livery business.

They have to be familiar with all of the regulations in all of the various jurisdictions out there