• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Zombie Pedestrians and Districted Drivers

CoolAnt

These common problems are really bothering me:

Zombie Pedestrians
Increasingly, pedestrians are looking at their phones while crossing the road. They are zoned out an unaware of their surroundings. And then there are those who are just plain rude, self-entitled snowflakes who think the world revolves around them.. walking extremely slow accross the road like it's a stroll along the beach in Fiji. They show no respect for everyone in cars who are waiting patiently for them to cross. I understand if the person is elderly or has a disability but the culprits are usually young and capable of moving at a normal speed.

AND

Distracted drivers
The traffic light goes green but the driver at the very front is playing with their phone. They take longer to realize it is green and by the time they move the light is already turning red and only 3 or 4 cars actually get through the intersection instead of maybe 10 if they were paying attention. I believe this is a real cause of congestion on our roads.
IMG_5011.JPG

Saltyoldman

These common problems are really bothering me:

Zombie Pedestrians
Increasingly, pedestrians are looking at their phones while crossing the road. They are zoned out an unaware of their surroundings. And then there are those who are just plain rude, self-entitled snowflakes who think the world revolves around them.. walking extremely slow accross the road like it's a stroll along the beach in Fiji. They show no respect for everyone in cars who are waiting patiently for them to cross. I understand if the person is elderly or has a disability but the culprits are usually young and capable of moving at a normal speed.

AND

Distracted drivers
The traffic light goes green but the driver at the very front is playing with their phone. They take longer to realize it is green and by the time they move the light is already turning red and only 3 or 4 cars actually get through the intersection instead of maybe 10 if they were paying attention. I believe this is a real cause of congestion on our roads.
View attachment 99770
Damn the lady in that picture has a lot of stubble

tcaud

Beware homeless people looking to get hit by you en route. A friend of mine nearly hit two people on two different instances last weekend when they were jaywalking in near total darkness. En route insurance coverage is pretty good in some states (up to $1m) and people are becoming aware... getting hit by uber guy = winning the lottery.

Eugene73

Beware homeless people looking to get hit by you en route. A friend of mine nearly hit two people on two different instances last weekend when they were jaywalking in near total darkness. En route insurance coverage is pretty good in some states (up to $1m) and people are becoming aware... getting hit by uber guy = winning the lottery.
wait till they find out Uber dont have no isurance

Atom guy

What gets me is when you try to be nice and stop for a pedestrian, and THEN they take their sweet time crossing the road. I also like the pedestrians that think MY green is theirs, then looked shocked when I go.

Rakos

Had two times people...

Stepping out of a dark corner...

Directly in front of me...8>O

They just don't care...8>(

And that's why god created The Horn. On the eighth day. Back when Earth was flat.
My horn is three feet long...

And sounds just like a train...

One healthy blast from it...

Is guaranteed to wake up anyone...8>)

WELL worth the time and investment...

Absolutely amazing how high...

You can make a kid jump...8>O

And the pax can find me...

In the middle of a crowded street...8>)

Rakos
monkey-wearing-sunglasses.jpg

Pawtism

Natural selection is starting to solve some of the zombie pedestrians problem here locally (our state was #1 in pedestrian fatalities in 2016, don't think the 2017 numbers are in yet). The distracted drivers one is a much tougher nut to crack though.

*EDIT - actually it may have been 2015 we went to #1, we were #2 in 2014. Seems we've dropped a couple of spots but are still in the top 5 now, and have been since 2016.*

Last edited: