"You've been online but not accepting trips"

Tim In Cleveland

If you are not accepting trips, maybe go offline til you'll actually pick people up
or maybe Uber can let drivers set parameters on what pings they want AS ANY INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR WOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO DECIDE. Really Uber? We should accept anything offered? Should a hot dog salesman accept any price offered? I think each will set their own price.

FAC

or maybe Uber can let drivers set parameters on what pings they want AS ANY INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR WOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO DECIDE. Really Uber? We should accept anything offered? Should a hot dog salesman accept any price offered? I think each will set their own price.
You must be smokin some of that hope dope.

Aging Prius

What about those e-mail messages scolding you for not accepting enough trips?

Sometimes, circumstances beyond your control can force you to cancel a bunch of trips, especially when they're coming at you during a trip and you can't go offline. I tried to explain such an incident to Uber, and in response got a reworded version of the original e-mail suggesting I go offline if I'm not able to accept trips. It didn't appear that they even read my e-mail.

I have had no luck whatsoever in having the conversation with Uber that I want to have, it always winds up being the conversation they want to have. Has anyone else noticed this?

CrazyT

I got put in a time out today. It was my first time in the corner. I think I missed a couple of trips when I heard a ping but the phone never changed to the black screen. Then had one that i'm sorry i'm not accepting a trip that takes me 18 minutes back behind me. Then comes a trip where the pax no showed and I cancelled. I pull away and get maybe a half mile away, I was scrolling the map just as a trip comes in and its a Pool trip for a guy with a 4.4 rating. Yeah cancelled that one. Got another trip that I started to, but the pax cancelled. I went offline for a few minutes, got to a different area, went back online and ignored a pool trip that was 21 minutes away. Suddenly my app goes offline, I try to turn it back on and get the 'you have not been accepting trips' red line on the top of the screen.