• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

You're in busy area, expect a trip soon!

Tom Oldman

"You're in busy area, expect a trip soon"
Lately, that is like an insult to me, I used to just stay in the supposedly "busy area" going the get that "expected trip soon."
NOT A SINGLE TIME and sometimes I used to wait 20 minutes and all of sudden it would change to "We are finding you a trip"' seriously? not even one out of ten!!??
Now days, as soon as I see that stupid message, I drive away for several miles as far as I can and usually (not always) I get a trip. Just was wondering if anyone else has had the same experience with this? Thanks

Zaarc

I like seeing that message. I havent done this yet, but maybe if it says it is busy and you aren not getting any pings, turn on the rider app and see if there are lots of other ants around.

Tom Oldman

Exactly my thought and I agree, it's all software manipulations. I always say, Uber, Lyft etc are software companies, for example; they have ants and riders on the same monitor. It's up to them how to manipulate the game'and so on.

Zaarc

I'm going to try an experiment today and not drive anywhere from anywhere until I get a new ping. I've gotten them in my driveway before so I will start there and see what happens. Whenever I drop someone off I will drive out of sight and just sit. I'm bringing a book with me. I just want to try it to see if it makes any difference.

Ssgcraig

I'm going to try an experiment today and not drive anywhere from anywhere until I get a new ping. I've gotten them in my driveway before so I will start there and see what happens. Whenever I drop someone off I will drive out of sight and just sit. I'm bringing a book with me. I just want to try it to see if it makes any difference.
You don't already do this? What a waste of fuel. Unless a trip takes me into deep NH, I just sit and wait for the next ping.

Zaarc

Yeah well, im new. I have been trying to work my way near a train station or something, but now i realize i am probably wasting time and mileage.

Ssgcraig

Yeah well, im new. I have been trying to work my way near a train station or something, but now i realize i am probably wasting time and mileage.
All good, wasn't trying to bust balls. Things will come to you over time.

BigRedDriver

Then you will find what works best for you in your market. Where I am, I have 8 or 10, what I call “high yield” locations. After I drop off I head to one of those (whichever is closest). If no ping comes during my drive to one, I will sit there until I get a ping. Normally 5 minutes. It’s kind of a hybrid of the “drive looking for pings” and sit and wait.

Tom Oldman

Yes, just do the opposite, and I'm doing it, I leave the area. That "Busy Area" signal, is game played by the programmers with ants and riders. As mentioned by one other member; having the riders app and watching where the ants are comes handy. Also, I watch how fast the ant appear and disappear in an area, frequency of disappearance is a reliable signal.

Cdub2k

The best way to save on fuel is just to park it and wait for a PING. You know your city better than I do. So you should know the good areas by now. If you are already in a good area at a good time there is no reason to move. Just find a parking lot somewhere and just wait. Stop driving around wasting gas and putting dead miles on your vehicle. If you live in a good neighborhood where you can get a ride on the APP you should turn your APP on in your livingroom and just wait for a PING to start your Uber Day/Evening

Sometimes you have to dead mile to a working area or back home. Those occasions are rare enough that it won't hurt you overall. Last year I made about 12.7K while putting a little shy of 12K miles on my car with Uber. You should strive for $1 a mile. Wasting miles driving around aimlessly is not cost effective!
If it is so busy, why I did not get a stacked pin?
Or better yet. If it is so busy why isn't it surging?

Have you ever noticed that it doesn't say "it's busy" when a surge is in the area.
Nor does it say "Opportunities Near By" when there is clearly a surge a mile or 2 down the road. Why doesn't those messages pop up then??

The answer is clearly they are trying to manipulate you. So your best bet is to simply ignore their messages.

hrswartz

"You're in busy area, expect a trip soon"
Lately, that is like an insult to me, I used to just stay in the supposedly "busy area" going the get that "expected trip soon."
NOT A SINGLE TIME and sometimes I used to wait 20 minutes and all of sudden it would change to "We are finding you a trip"' seriously? not even one out of ten!!??
Now days, as soon as I see that stupid message, I drive away for several miles as far as I can and usually (not always) I get a trip. Just was wondering if anyone else has had the same experience with this? Thanks
It's a friggin' joke... Uber wants to see how many idiots will chase trips and surges... Fool me once shame on you... fool me twice shame on me...
I stage and wait and don't care one bit what's surging or if I'm in a busy area... I've found both to be Uber lie #1... jusy sayin'
ps. I'm also independently wealthy so my business model might be a little different than someone trying to make a living off Ubering....

cumonohito

No problem, don't confused that with POOL RIDES, as you will be added additional riders if doing pool, provided of course they request pool service. Good luck.

Lythium

From my experience it seems like that notification is linked to specific areas, not necessarily where it is actually busy at the moment. I drive the Friday and Saturday night bar rushes in Jacksonville, FL and usually end up driving through downtown on my way home after 3:00am when it is basically dead, but I still see that message scrolling away.

Friendly Jack

It's a friggin' joke... Uber wants to see how many idiots will chase trips and surges... Fool me once shame on you... fool me twice shame on me...
I stage and wait and don't care one bit what's surging or if I'm in a busy area... I've found both to be Uber lie #1... jusy sayin'
ps. I'm also independently wealthy so my business model might be a little different than someone trying to make a living off Ubering....
What constitutes "independently wealthy"?