Your Worst Pickup Fail

WestSubDriver

What has been your worst pickup fail so far? I was in Lombard and got a local ping. Pin is dropped at the Extended Stay off Butterfield Rd. I pull up...waiting....give pax a ring. When he answers, I say 'hey, I'm here at the front door of the Extended Stay". His reply..."I'm at McCormick Place". These locations are 35 miles apart.

I cancelled with no charge to rider but reported incident to Uber. Props to them for at least giving me the cancellation fee.

driving312

You only need get to the pin location....wait 2 minutes for Pool (especially if you already have a passenger)and 5 minutes for UberX. Start a stopwatch clock in an app whenever you arrive someplace.

Your job is not to call, text a rider, or drive around to where they might be.

If they don't show up at the requested location, click Cancel, Rider No Show....and collect the fee. Then move on to another ride.

Jinxstone

My best was rolling up to a house on Foster Avenue just a little east of Milwaukee Avenue. No one comes out and after a few minutes the rider calls (did I mention he'd been drinking?) to say he dropped the pin in the wrong place and he was in McDonald's. I told him the street was all residential and there was no Mickey D's around. Then I asked what his cross street was and he said Sheridan Road. Lol. Hang up. Cancel. Rider No Show. Collect $4. Thank you very much.

Mm450

You only need get to the pin location....wait 2 minutes for Pool (especially if you already have a passenger)and 5 minutes for UberX. Start a stopwatch clock in an app whenever you arrive someplace.

If they don't show up at the requested location, click Cancel, Rider No Show....and collect the fee. Then move on to another ride.
What a great robot you are. Your rides with that personality must be off the charts fun. Good god I feel sorry for you.

75drive

What has been your worst pickup fail so far? I was in Lombard and got a local ping. Pin is dropped at the Extended Stay off Butterfield Rd. I pull up...waiting....give pax a ring. When he answers, I say 'hey, I'm here at the front door of the Extended Stay". His reply..."I'm at McCormick Place". These locations are 35 miles apart.

I cancelled with no charge to rider but reported incident to Uber. Props to them for at least giving me the cancellation fee.
Never call, never text, never answer calls always respond to text K always wait 5 and cancel no show! Move on!

igorek69

That exactly what I do.

pizza guy

Pick up a pool pax at metra. As she's getting in I get a match, also at metra and app says I have arrived immediately. Wait 2 minutes and collect. As I am leaving I get another match, then a text saying the train is delayed. Pull back into same parking spot wait 2 minutes and collect again. $8 in cancellation fees without hardly moving.

75drive

I get a ping in Burbank. I arrive and send my usual "I've arrived" text. I wait 4-5 minutes and then call the pax. She's in Burbank alright... Burbank, California. SMH
FYI there's no need for you to text or call. They know they've requested a car. Wait 5 and cancel no show. Also a passenger may rate you lower for that text or call regardless of you trying to be helpful.

Tzogos

FYI there's no need for you to text or call. They know they've requested a car. Wait 5 and cancel no show. Also a passenger may rate you lower for that text or call regardless of you trying to be helpful.
Yes, I know there is no need to text or call, but its the right thing to do. Far too many pax don't know they can call or text the driver when there is an issue or get confused by the app. It doesn't hurt my rating to send a text... I'm a 4.89 on Uber and a 4.95 on Lyft with 2,000 trips under my belt.

I wasn't at O'Hare, but oddly, I got a ping from O'Hare terminal 1. I was on near 290, but I wasn't quite sure where I was so I GPS'd it. I typed in ORD and it was taking me to ORD and then I realized it was taking me away from the airport. Whatever ORD it was taking me to, it wasn't the airport. The guy called me, asking me where I was, why I was going the opposite direction. I was apologizing, stating that I wasn't at the airport when I got his ping and I'm on my way. He said he's been waiting for 20 minutes (it's been 5 minutes since I got the ping). In a normal situation, I would have canceled but airport runs are usually good money and I didn't have to wait 45 minutes in the lot for this one.

So, against my better judgement, I did the ride, taking his verbal abuse the whole way. Then his friend calls him and he is the nicest guy to the person he's talking on the phone with. I was so angry. He was such a two faced punk. Then we got to the pin and he wanted me to keep driving around the neighborhood. He was dark and we couldn't find his friends house. On one hand, I wanted him the heck out of my car but on the other hand, the longer we drive around lost, the more money I make.

After I dropped him off, he's greeting his friends: "Hi, omg, so good to see you." *cheek kisses* "Yeah, it was great." *smiles* I rolled my eyes, pulled out of the driveway, and ended the trip at the end of the block.

My lesson: type 10000 O'Hare Way into the GPS.

75drive

Yes, I know there is no need to text or call, but its the right thing to do. Far too many pax don't know they can call or text the driver when there is an issue or get confused by the app. It doesn't hurt my rating to send a text... I'm a 4.89 on Uber and a 4.95 on Lyft with 2,000 trips under my belt.
I was by no means telling you what to do! Friendly advice only but clearly unnecessary after completing 2,000 rides. We've done the same as far as trips and you've got me by.03 on the rating! Not an easy thing 2000 Trips with a 4.95! Well done!

uberron73

I get a ping in Burbank. I arrive and send my usual "I've arrived" text. I wait 4-5 minutes and then call the pax. She's in Burbank alright... Burbank, California. SMH
I have had the same thing happen. The address that I got was same as one that was near me. I went to address an waited min or 2 then called pax. and determinated that we were in two didn't states. Lol wtf. How does that happen .

Mindozas

Got Uberpool request last Sunday at Hyatt Regency off Wacker. Arrived, received text can we switch to uberX instead to go to Adele concert. I text back "sure", ignored next Uber pool, girls get in the car, asked me to cancel for them, i did and then we can't get linked for two tries. I'm getting other names and they got linked with James(my name isn't James). We agreed they need to go to James, i left, got request from Swiss take these gentlemen to the Shed.
It was weird that girls being in the back seat of my car wouldn't get matched with me. I mean how much closer they were supposed to be, in the front seat? From that point the rest of the night was rather stressful coz I wouldn't see promotion. Made me think those ignored trips caused the acceptance rate to decline(i cancelled two more earlier at lower levels of Michigan and Wacker).Later I got back home and still no promotion even I had 44 trips done. It's 11:15pm in Schaumburg and I'm trying to calculate my acceptance rate. Ended up leaving at 11:20pm for one last ride. This dude, happy drunk from Palatine to Mt Prospect, fell asleep. It took few times to wake him up. Sooo even after that ride I'm not seeing no boost. Had to Email Uber twice before they adjusted. It was my second weekend driving.

U for Uber

Got Uberpool request last Sunday at Hyatt Regency off Wacker. Arrived, received text can we switch to uberX instead to go to Adele concert. I text back "sure", ignored next Uber pool, girls get in the car, asked me to cancel for them, i did and then we can't get linked for two tries. I'm getting other names and they got linked with James(my name isn't James). We agreed they need to go to James, i left, got request from Swiss take these gentlemen to the Shed.
It was weird that girls being in the back seat of my car wouldn't get matched with me. I mean how much closer they were supposed to be, in the front seat? From that point the rest of the night was rather stressful coz I wouldn't see promotion. Made me think those ignored trips caused the acceptance rate to decline(i cancelled two more earlier at lower levels of Michigan and Wacker).Later I got back home and still no promotion even I had 44 trips done. It's 11:15pm in Schaumburg and I'm trying to calculate my acceptance rate. Ended up leaving at 11:20pm for one last ride. This dude, happy drunk from Palatine to Mt Prospect, fell asleep. It took few times to wake him up. Sooo even after that ride I'm not seeing no boost. Had to Email Uber twice before they adjusted. It was my second weekend driving.
The casual poke on the knee to the drunk PAX always does the job... then they get out and puke on the street and leave the meter running for a couple of more minutes.