Your vehicle is not allowed to operate in Fayetteville, AR.

TechBill

I am new to Uber so I went online for the first time tonight.

I get a red box with text at the top of the apps stating "Your vehicle is not allowed to operate in Fayetteville, AR."

Funny thing is that I am in Springfield, Mo not in Arkansas at all and my phone GPS is showing me in the right location in Missouri on Uber map.

I already sent email to support but haven't heard back so I thought I would post on here to see if anyone know why it giving me this error and if there something I can do about it to fix it.

Thank you
Bill

TechBill

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Got a reply from support .. It a canned response anyway ..

Code:
Thanks for your response. I'm stepping in to help you out with your concern.

Upon checking your account, I can confirm that everything is okay. All your documents are up-to-date. I don't see any reason at all for you not to be able to log in. Please do try to troubleshoot your phone. You can follow the steps below:
1.) Restart your app.
2.) Then, retry logging in and logging out on your app. Make sure you are using the most recent version of the app.
3.) If that didn't work, restart your phone.
4.) Make sure that your Bluetooth is always turned off because it can interfere with the signal.
5.) Toggle Airplane Mode on/off. (make sure it is turned off)
6.) Toggle off your cellular data for 3-5 seconds (go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data)
7.) Now, try to Reset the network settings. Simply go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. (WARNING: this will reset all network info like saved WiFi passwords, preferred networks, etc.)
8.) If none of the steps above work try to re-install the app. Then follow step 4 and 5.

In case this won't work, please let us know so we can further assist you.

Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Made no different ...

Bill

stemor

"Make sure that your Bluetooth is always turned off because it can interfere with the signal.". Umm, WTF? When was this actually true, if ever? Having lived through the '70's, I'm pretty sure that I never heard this canard at any point of the technology progression curve.

As for Springfield / Fayetteville, I'm not sure where the dividing line is located. I was in Springfield a few weeks ago, as far south as Lambert's, and my app told me that I couldn't drive in Springfield (and Lyft, of course, doesn't even exist in the market so I got no message at all). I didn't make it down into Branson, so not sure where the dividing line is there ... but, are you actually located in Springfield-proper, or one of the south/west suburbs?

TechBill

I am located in Springfield city limit

I did request support if they can add Branson as another city to drive in then they response if I wanted to switch to Branson so I replied back no I want to drive in both Springfield and Branson because our airport in Springfield operates for both cities since Branson is a tourist town.

Then I get this message I cannot drive in Fayetteville Arkansas which is in another state like 3 hours away from Springfield Missouri !!!!! What the heck is up with that???

Bill

stemor

Wow, I can understand your frustration and confusion. Not sure how they got this one so badly boogered up., but that is truly odd.

TechBill

Well finally heard back from Uber on this

It turn out that Springfield, Mo had told Uber to stop operating in their city because they wanted laws on the book about ride for hire. Now it look like it happening and soon Uber can start back up again in Springfield, Mo

I guess Uber was being lazy and just expanded the Fayetteville, AR zone over Springfield, Mo as no ride for hire zone.

Bill

This is taken from today news online Springfield News-Leader (The forum won't let me post links because I need at least one like to be able to share links on this forum but the credits goes to Springfield News-Leaders)

Uber has a bit of a reputation for playing hardball.

Its first interaction with Springfield was a little rocky. The company made its intention known that it wanted to expand to our city, and City Council proposed a bill to pave the way.

Uber officials said there was problematic language in the law and instead continued its focus on changing the law at the state level. That makes sense, as the company wants to expand to at least four markets in the state.

As the company seeks to change laws in Missouri and the rest of the country, Springfield has taken a methodical, measured approach, and appears to be on the verge of welcoming the ride-sharing company.

Those who look for rides around Springfield in the evening, especially on the weekend and especially downtown, have been clamoring for transportation services like Uber and Lyft to come to Springfield.

Naturally, it’s a bit tougher to get a ride at peak hours. But downtown patrons say they can wait up to an hour for a cab, if they can even get a dispatcher on the phone.

The flip side is that Springfield isn’t as reliant on cabs during off-times as bigger metro areas are.

Inviting companies to come share the burden and opportunity of rush hours is a smart move.

The good news is that Springfield leaders look like they’re on track to make that invitation, in the form of ordinance changes — particularly those regarding screening drivers.

Cab companies say they’ve wanted these changes for years and will rightly be a little miffed it’s finally happening to bring in competition.

But beyond that, the ordinance changes are fair, and it seems drivers will be screened effectively.

A sticking point in some communities has been fingerprinting, but Assistant City Manager Collin Quigley said companies who do screenings told him that fingerprint records weren’t getting the city any additional information. That makes the decision to drop that requirement an easy one.

Uber may still get Jefferson City to pass the laws the company wants. But Springfield doesn’t have to wait.

Our city has the need and officials have done the homework. It’s now up to Uber to accept the invitation.

This editorial is the view of the News-Leader Editorial Board

Allen Jones President

Paul Berry Executive Editor

Cheryl Whitsitt Managing Editor

Stephen Herzog Engagement Editor