Your shortest deliveries

eberuats

In a perfect world, every delivery would be a pleasant 30 minute ride away, but this isn’t a perfect world. Short deliveries are annoying, but the REALLY short deliveries are something to behold. Who on earth would pay a premium for food delivery from a restaurant that’s within sight of their front door?!

What are your shortest deliveries? Here are a couple of mine. 0.10km is about 300 feet for all you American weirdos. That one was so short that the app wouldn’t actually let me complete the trip because it believed that I was STILL IN THE RESTAURANT!

Attachments

notmyfavoritething

I think my shortest delivery was the grocery delivery I did just to find out how much more it pays. (Surprise, it doesn't pay any more at all, it's just a lot more time and usually a lot more work.) It was for Krogers, and the lady lived in some apartments behind the store. I was paid $.25 for distance, $3.25 total. Lady tipped me $5. Waiting on Krogers took a long time, so the whole thing took more than 40 minutes.

I am not into the long trips. In a perfect world, there would be this long trip, and then an equal long return trip, but without that paid return I really don't care for the long trips. And I really wouldn't mind these short trips if stuff was ready when I arrived and the customer was at a house and wasn't taking a nap or whatever.

Bluebird97

From McD's to the Holiday Inn Express in the next driveway. Customer met me in the loading / unloading area. I could have thrown him his food from the McD's parking lot.

Skorpio

Shortest ride..
Apartment across the street.. like 20s walk.
Pax waited 8 min..
Thats lazy..

doggerel

DAE drive like 7 blocks away after dropoff when you get one of these, and then mark delivered? From my experience the app will not let you complete deliveries less than 5 blocks or so.

Skorpio

Yesterday I delivered at 3am..
1 single can of coke..
15 min away with 1.4 boost..
Idk what to say anymore.

Eesoso

Am I the only one who loves short deliveries, especially if they keep me within a good boost area? Meanwhile long trips could take me out to some isolated rural home or to an industrial wasteland with no restaurants within 10mins.

notmyfavoritething

Am I the only one who loves short deliveries, especially if they keep me within a good boost area? Meanwhile long trips could take me out to some isolated rural home or to an industrial wasteland with no restaurants within 10mins.
I don't get enough boost to worry about it much (and even when there is boost there is some problem and I don't end up getting it anyway). So basically I like my area around home and three or four other areas (though I'd rather avoid some of that because of construction and such). But most of the time, I don't see over five miles being a good thing. I mean, if it were ten miles in certain directions certain times of the day, and then a get something five minutes away that brings me back those same ten miles, that would be great. But that rarely seems the case. It's ten miles out, and then like you said, it leaves you away from everything, so you just end up driving back where you were. Or it's the last trip of the day, and I'm way away from home and have to drive back. Or I get ten miles out in a direction, followed by another ten miles out in the same direction, now either someplace totally unfamiliar or someplace I already know I don't want to be. It just seems to waste more gas, more miles, to have five more dollars in my pocket for now, but then it will end up costing me later. On the other hand, a lot of short trips near home, I'm wasting less gas, and I never know who might tip. Usually they don't tip, but I get some nice surprises once in a while.

Elffriend

During final exams I made a lot of deliveries from a plaza with several small restaurants to the student residences across the street.