Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I will always love Uber

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • It's a Job like any other

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ubershafted

I am at 1110 5 stars but if I had kept at the rate I was when I was still sipping the Kool Aid, i'd be at about 1700 or something. I lost the 'drive' man. I think the psychological part played a bigger role in this than the dwindling profit, ridiculous car wear and tear and the Uber mind games. The psychological part being that I could never shake the feeling that I am "better" than doing this full time. I am not better than anyone else driving Uber but I know my self worth. Not the having an education part (coz that means nothing nowadays) but the undeniable fact that there are tons of other ways to make money using technology/the internet *what Uber did*, than just driving Uber.
I managed to sacrifice the income and went offline from Uber, did my research and started an online business (a service) that is generating money and STEADILY growing. I know I cannot be the only one who's eyes got opened. I just couldn't shake that feeling man. I am grateful for Uber though because it taught me the power of independence and taking a risk *driving out there everyday is a risk, fyi - One accident and the insurance nightmare begins*. I still drive about one or two nights a week to get out of the house lol.
But seriously though, I want to know if anyone is experiencing this too? Also, I am willing to share what I am doing with someone who might want to get in on what I am doing now. You still need to be intelligent, internet savvy and creative but it is definitely is more SATISFYING. So message me directly. With that said though, if you still have the Uber hunger, then Uber on! At my hungriest, I was bringing home over $1000 a week driving. Not bad, just know, you will crash and burn pretty soon...

One love

Reactions: i_k

i_k

It's important to have an exit plan, especially knowing how hard Uber is working to roll out their autonomous fleet, inevitably getting rid of their "partners" for more profit.

You have the right idea and I'm glad you've started to get the ball rolling with your business (I hope it works out for the best). As for myself, I'm going down with the ship. I plan on running my car to the ground then decide where to go from there. I know that's not the wisest decision but that's just how I feel. If anything I've learned in life, is to let go and trust the Universe. :rolleyes:

Ubershafted

It's important to have an exit plan, especially knowing how hard Uber is working to roll out their autonomous fleet, inevitably getting rid of their "partners" for more profit.

You have the right idea and I'm glad you've started to get the ball rolling with your business (I hope it works out for the best). As for myself, I'm going down with the ship. I plan on running my car to the ground then decide where to go from there. I know that's not the wisest decision but that's just how I feel. If anything I've learned in life, is to let go and trust the Universe. :rolleyes:
I am glad you're more zen about it lol. I just couldn't overcome the mental hurdle

Reactions: i_k

i_k

No doubt you gotta do what feels right in your gut. Even if things don't work out the way you wanted it to just trust that in the end your decision was always the right one.

I'll leave you with a quote from a brilliant scholar, Joseph Campbell:

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."

uberfast

I seen some dude in a collared dress shirt and dress pants driving a Honda waiting for a ping at seneca college. All I could do is watch in disgust. Dude looked like a banker, not a lowly uber cockroach like the rest of us.

It's guys like him that make people not tip us. Dude has a brand new 2017 beautiful ride and dresses to impress. Who's he fooling?

I wear jeans and tshirt, jump out my car to have a ciggy waiting for rider to come down and tell rider to wait while I finish my cig. 5 stars all day.

corniilius

Everybody's situation is different. I own a brand new car and like having an extra $500 a week. I could survive without it from what I make at my day job, but I like money, so why not? Don't really care how anybody here feels about it, because in the end, we are all in competition with each other. There is no "We." I'm out there to make money, not friends. Already have enough of those. Anybody foolish enough to use Uber/Lyft as their sole source of income has bigger problems than other drivers. Get a real job with benefits.

uberfast

Everybody's situation is different. I own a brand new car and like having an extra $500 a week. I could survive without it from what I make at my day job, but I like money, so why not? Don't really care how anybody here feels about it, because in the end, we are all in competition with each other. There is no "We." I'm out there to make money, not friends. Already have enough of those. Anybody foolish enough to use Uber/Lyft as their sole source of income has bigger problems than other drivers. Get a real job with benefits.

Yea but..... you're gansta though

I always wondered at people who are otherwise intelligent, but believe that the universe has a special plan for them or that they have a special purpose in life.

Life is what you make of it, not the other way around.

jdon

I am at 1110 5 stars but if I had kept at the rate I was when I was still sipping the Kool Aid, i'd be at about 1700 or something. I lost the 'drive' man. I think the psychological part played a bigger role in this than the dwindling profit, ridiculous car wear and tear and the Uber mind games. The psychological part being that I could never shake the feeling that I am "better" than doing this full time. I am not better than anyone else driving Uber but I know my self worth. Not the having an education part (coz that means nothing nowadays) but the undeniable fact that there are tons of other ways to make money using technology/the internet *what Uber did*, than just driving Uber.
I managed to sacrifice the income and went offline from Uber, did my research and started an online business (a service) that is generating money and STEADILY growing. I know I cannot be the only one who's eyes got opened. I just couldn't shake that feeling man. I am grateful for Uber though because it taught me the power of independence and taking a risk *driving out there everyday is a risk, fyi - One accident and the insurance nightmare begins*. I still drive about one or two nights a week to get out of the house lol.
But seriously though, I want to know if anyone is experiencing this too? Also, I am willing to share what I am doing with someone who might want to get in on what I am doing now. You still need to be intelligent, internet savvy and creative but it is definitely is more SATISFYING. So message me directly. With that said though, if you still have the Uber hunger, then Uber on! At my hungriest, I was bringing home over $1000 a week driving. Not bad, just know, you will crash and burn pretty soon...

One love

sent you a message
thanks

Ubershafted

I was referring to people driving full time.

Jshawkat

One love
Great to hear you have started your own thing! Best of luck with that!

I was doing uber for a while last year then stopped as I got a fulltime job but just recently I been let go so I have no choice but to uber again until I find another fulltime job...

Like yourself though I have been dabbling in the online world and looking for other sources of generating income. There are many ways but it can definitely be a bit overwhelming.

Would love to learn more about what your business is.

Please give me a shout as I always enjoy connecting with other entrepreneur spirited individuals.

God bless!