Your opinion is needed please !

RogerJS

We are attending a wedding somewhere in the mid Topanga Canyon this Friday.. the invite says guests should use Uber for pick up after the event but I’m thinking drivers aren’t to excited to go up those roads in the middle of the night.. correct?

Woohaa

-You-are-correct-sir-meme-58608.jpg

Toocutetofail

Weddings are fun, drinking is Fun. being stuck in an uncomfortable van with others? Not fun.

Let them Lyft. Don’t kill the party.

U phoria

Order XL or select but put in Anaheim as your destination.

After you get picked up change your destination , they will take the +45 especially on select MAYBE even X

LAWeasel

Have everyone order at once so it surges and drivers are a little more motivated to go.

Order Lux

Be advised, cell coverage is not that great over there. If I see it surging I may take a ride, since it is my neck of the woods.

Ignore the advice to create a false "long ping". You do that to me, and I'll cancel the ride and go home.

RogerJS

Appreciate all the responses thank you !
The risk is too great not getting a car to make the trip up there , I know I wouldn’t do it without a guaranteed large tip..
There are 120 people going to this wedding and if they follow the advice of the bride and groom and not drive that’s a lot of Uber/ Lyft’s being requested..
I’d be pissed if I waited hours to get picked up

hulksmash

now thats an ahole move....
Ive kicked out in the past more than one pax who pulled this on me....
If you’re somewhere where there are no cars but also no surge it’s a good way to get the attention of someone far away who wouldn’t otherwise accept. Just explain you have to change the destination but offer a nice cash tip equal to what the 45+ would’ve been. But just ordering a premium service would be easier since it’s more likely to be accepted

sadboy

If you’re somewhere where there are no cars but also no surge it’s a good way to get the attention of someone far away who wouldn’t otherwise accept. Just explain you have to change the destination but offer a nice cash tip equal to what the 45+ would’ve been. But just ordering a premium service would be easier since it’s more likely to be accepted

Well both times in my case they didnt offer cash and acted like they imputed the wrong address. Ive kicked them out both times.

Lord Summerisle

Well both times in my case they didnt offer cash and acted like they imputed the wrong address. Ive kicked them out both times.

Had this recently near the airport - came up "long trip" to the In N Out in Hollywood, they actually wanted the one by the airport. I don't know if they did it deliberately but I kicked them out anyway.

AngelAdams

We are attending a wedding somewhere in the mid Topanga Canyon this Friday.. the invite says guests should use Uber for pick up after the event but I’m thinking drivers aren’t to excited to go up those roads in the middle of the night.. correct?
Request select and higher and you will be fighting them off. Uber X drivers are desperate and the odds of getting a qualified driver is not guaranteed.
Post automatically merged:

Order XL or select but put in Anaheim as your destination.

After you get picked up change your destination , they will take the +45 especially on select MAYBE even X
You’re a bad person.

Carbuncle

I would NEVER put my life in the hands of a driver who came all the way out to the sticks for a bade fare.

But then I’ve never taken an Uber of Lyft as a rider at all. So...

LAWeasel

FYI:
On a Friday or Saturday night (depending on when the event ends) there are drivers in Topanga. I always see them deadheading back after drop offs. Not enough for a wedding, but if it surges high enough on XL or Lux, I'll get out of bed and do a ride. It's happened maybe 3 times.

LAWeasel

Appreciate all the responses thank you !
The risk is too great not getting a car to make the trip up there , I know I wouldn’t do it without a guaranteed large tip..
There are 120 people going to this wedding and if they follow the advice of the bride and groom and not drive that’s a lot of Uber/ Lyft’s being requested..
I’d be pissed if I waited hours to get picked up
You wont wait hours. Woodland hills is packed with ants who will be drawn to the area like flies on sh!t if 120 people order at the same time and it surges. 20 minutes is my guess. 5 if I'm home, you order Lux and it's at Inn of the 7th Ray

Order XL as 45+. You will get a Black SUV. When they show up, change the destination to short. Add an extra stop to Taco Bell if you want. Inform the driver that you are self identifying as a gay @@@@@@ lesbian woman and that whoever is with you is self identifying that day as a support dog and that there will be consequences if they refuse to recognize your gender or species idenity for the evening. Ask for the bluetooth pairing and play punk music. At destination have driver trade five stars and then after tell him you will tip in the app and shake his hand.