1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Your girlfriend doesn't want her friends to know you are an UBER driver. What do you say?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Steveyoungerthanmontana, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Steveyoungerthanmontana Active Member

My girlfriends friends think I'm a teacher.

What do you people say? I can't be the only one in hiding.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    JTR, DaisyDriver, Whitewecca and 4 others like this.
  2. UberBastid

UberBastid Well-Known Member

Who told your girlfriends friends you are a teacher?
    Who told your girlfriend you are a teacher?

Tell the truth. Be proud of who you are. Find a real girl that appreciates you - not your job.
    Don't be a phony.
    Don't hang out with status conscious phony's.

Be a real man

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2017
    Shangsta, Trafficat, Bean and 36 others like this.
  3. Steveyoungerthanmontana

My girlfriend told me to tell them.

lol I don't want anyone to know I'm an UBER driver either. Life has really slapped you if you are an UBER driver. Would you tell someone you worked at McDonald's?

Chada75, JTR, Whitewecca and 3 others like this.
  4. simpsonsverytall

simpsonsverytall Well-Known Member

my gf is as broke as me, and she's unable to nab a guy w/ $

so i just keep it real at that point

Unreal787, JTR, Adieu and 4 others like this.
  5. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Oh well my girlfriend makes a lot of money, and so do her friends. I'm highly educated but have always been super under employed. I need to find a waitress GF.

MonkeyTOES, JTR, Drive2bFree and 5 others like this.

6. UberBastid

UberBastid Well-Known Member

I might tell them its none of their business, because it isn't.
    My job does not define me.
    I don't live for other people's opinion of me.
    I don't hang with judgmental phony people.

If that works for you, good on ya. But I've never seen anyone happy being anything other than themselves

Shangsta, Ivy25, Tenderloin and 10 others like this.
  7. forqalso

forqalso Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I tell other Uber drivers that I work at McDonalds.

8. Steveyoungerthanmontana

I'm pretty happy being a teacher in my fake life. I'd way rather have rich hot girls think I'm a teacher than an UBER driver. If I didn't care about getting laid, I'd probably tell them I was an UBER driver.

9. grams777

grams777 Moderator Moderator

How about you're a Chauffeur with many private clients. Maybe that sounds better. Of course, due to the privacy of my important client base I can't reveal any other details.

10. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Nah, still a servant. A teacher is respectable plus they know I have NO MONEY, so they don't expect me to pick up the bill when out to eat which is awesome.

11. iUBERdc

iUBERdc Active Member

Blah, if you're getting laid who gives a bleep what you're tell the broad. Enjoy yourself and get your bleep weet. All is fair in love and war. I had a human Resource friend who went to Miami and told this hot latina chick he was a doctor. Think he had a guilty feeling in the morning after having the time of his life? Hell no

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  12. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    My niece works for McDonalds and is very proud of that. Only difference is that she started there in 1989 when she was 16, and after very hard work and company tuition assistance she is now a regional VP of Marketing making well over $300k with bonuses. So I guess working at McDonalds is better then driving for Uber.

Shangsta, uber photo, Gallium and 8 others like this.
  13. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I'm a professional photographer and jazz musican, still do it on the side, but I can't do weddings anymore, due to a bad back.
    I dont' tell her what to say to people, but I doubt she tells them I'm driving for Uber. Frankly, I dont' give a damn if anyone knows I drive for UBer. It's honest work, and I find no reason to apologize for doing it. For years, I drove a cab, and had no trouble telling people I was a cabbie, in a company of professionals and more accomplished people. I'm an artist, jazz musician, composer, photographer, and making money in the arts is rough, and people know it, I show them my artistic accomplishments, and they are amazed, and that puts and end ot the "you're a cabbie/uber-er you must be a loser" BS.

14. SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    Oscar, I have always loved and respected your post. I can tell that you came from the old school days of hard work and honor. The days when our fathers put the fear of God in us to succeed in whatever endeavor we chose. I just wish that many others will adhere to your post as I have. God Bless

15. shiftydrake

shiftydrake Well-Known Member

Hell I am actually proud to be a cabbie and everyone of my friends and family know it they ask I tell then they give me a look like...really?....I say yes after 15 yrs in service I get retirement from Uncle Sam on top of $42k a year for driving a car.....then they say oh ok I guess you get what you get.......I smile and say yes I do.....my father in law used to look down on me but after I told him don't worry about his daughter he shut up...

uber photo likes this.
  16. SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    Hey shiftydrake, I've always admired your work ethic. By your post I could tell that you never settle for 2nd best. I'm glad that your career has been good for you. I wish you continued success and stay safe. Keep being a great person by continually caring for your dogs.
    Best Wishes, SEAL Team 5

17. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Well-Known Member

Getting caught will be far more embarrassing.

18. Karen Stein

Karen Stein Well-Known Member

What would I say?

"Walk."

19. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Glad the navy seal is so proud of UBER drivers and their work ethic. I thought it was tough to be a navy seal.

Trebor likes this.
  20. MSUGrad9902

MSUGrad9902 Well-Known Member

You are not just an Uber. You are also a person. That's what I would say.

JTR, OnWheels and Woodbury77 like this.