• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Your experiences working as an UberEats delivery partner

Drive2live

Anyone aware of or have any experience with Drive Yello. They're partnered with Menulog I believe and seem to have a much fairer business model which apparently guarantees a minimum of $20 an hour.

Only available in Sydney and Melbourne at the moment I believe, no good to me here in Perth.
I've actually signed up with Drive Yello because I didn’t want to pay for any of the gear with Deliveroo or Uber. Another driver told me Menulog would give me free gear if I emailed them - I got a free jacket and helmet and I don’t even work for them... Anyone else that wants to save $$$ should email their customer service!

I've actually signed up with Drive Yello because I didn’t want to pay for any of the gear with Deliveroo or Uber. Another driver told me Menulog would give me free gear if I emailed them - I got a free jacket and helmet and I don’t even work for them... Anyone else that wants to save $$$ should email their customer service!
Is Drive yellow offering promotions paying $50 an hour ? If not YAY all the more deliveries for me !! quite satisfied with Uber Eats thanks

Adam86

I've been doing Uber Eats in Wollongong since it started late 2017. They started offering me $5 bonus on top of each delivery, going up to $75 for 15 deliveries for a day, so that was ok. Recently they've dropped it to $3 bonib and a maximum of $45 per day. Not terrible but I'll reconsider driving out to Figtree,about 10 minutes away from now on. Parking in the Wollongong CBD during the day is pretty much non existent so I've given up doing deliveries during the day, plus it's pretty slow. I've noticed a lot of customers are rude when you drop the food off, and some leave a 'late to drop off' report. Some People are 10 minutes away, so by the time I go to the restaurant, and then navigate to their house they may have to wait. The alternative is them getting off their ass and getting their own food. Anyways I'm not going to break the law just to get their food to them quicker so I don't really pay attention to that report. Most drivers in Wollongong don't do Uber Eats because you don't earn much and each job takes longer.

I've been doing Uber Eats in Wollongong since it started late 2017. They started offering me $5 bonus on top of each delivery, going up to $75 for 15 deliveries for a day, so that was ok. Recently they've dropped it to $3 bonib and a maximum of $45 per day. Not terrible but I'll reconsider driving out to Figtree,about 10 minutes away from now on. Parking in the Wollongong CBD during the day is pretty much non existent so I've given up doing deliveries during the day, plus it's pretty slow. I've noticed a lot of customers are rude when you drop the food off, and some leave a 'late to drop off' report. Some People are 10 minutes away, so by the time I go to the restaurant, and then navigate to their house they may have to wait. The alternative is them getting off their ass and getting their own food. Anyways I'm not going to break the law just to get their food to them quicker so I don't really pay attention to that report. Most drivers in Wollongong don't do Uber Eats because you don't earn much and each job takes longer.
That's why I prefer to do ubereats during Sunday morning and on weekdays during evening only when traffic is light and parking rules ease a bit and inspectors are non-existent ( mostly). If you want to stay within a shorter area and earn a bit then ubereats is the way to go. I always take care not to get ping's from Melbourne CBD as it is very difficult to find a parking. I have long Stopped doing uberx (though I have a good car) as ferrying unknown people in my own car made me feel very uncomfortable. Yes I know even eats restaurant/customers can be difficult as they think you are a very low level human form in existence around them, but they have no control over how you drive or your car. Yes I have got this 'late to drop off'/'professionalism' things sometimes, but I dont pay much attention to that. I cannot break the law for a $10 I will be getting and I cannot be wearing a suit or salute the restaurant every time I receive an order from them, sorry. The restaurant people can sometimes be quite rude to you, but if your satisfaction rating is more than 93 %, they cannot make much drastic changes by giving you a thumbs down. Maybe some day I will write a chronicle 'My life as a part time Ubereats Driver'.....lol

That's why I prefer to do ubereats during Sunday morning and on weekdays during evening only when traffic is light and parking rules ease a bit and inspectors are non-existent ( mostly). If you want to stay within a shorter area and earn a bit then ubereats is the way to go. I always take care not to get ping's from Melbourne CBD as it is very difficult to find a parking. I have long Stopped doing uberx (though I have a good car) as ferrying unknown people in my own car made me feel very uncomfortable. Yes I know even eats restaurant/customers can be difficult as they think you are a very low level human form in existence around them, but they have no control over how you drive or your car. Yes I have got this 'late to drop off'/'professionalism' things sometimes, but I dont pay much attention to that. I cannot break the law for a $10 I will be getting and I cannot be wearing a suit or salute the restaurant every time I receive an order from them, sorry. The restaurant people can sometimes be quite rude to you, but if your satisfaction rating is more than 93 %, they cannot make much drastic changes by giving you a thumbs down. Maybe some day I will write a chronicle 'My life as a part time Ubereats Driver'.....lol
I like what you said about customers and restaurant owners , I'm sympathetic to the restaurant owners , when they get an order if they are busy they have a delay pick up button , I have had complaints from two restaurants now that say they cannot use the equipment , they don't get the support from Uber like we do with Green Hub stations ,when they send out bags they get delivered to the wrong address and having to do business with someone by email and waiting up to three business days is not the standard they think a company like Uber should be operating to , I feel like I'm there to be winge taker for the companies sometimes , if they are so busy they are not coping I politely say to them that's fine i'll let them know , cancel the order and type in extensive notes about the conversation you have at the restaurant , that way its no penalty to you.
As for customers here is a case example
1. I knock on the door , it is glass with a wooden frame so you can see through it , unattended baby is crawling on the floor in the hallway
2. No answer at the front door , I ring the customers contact number they provide no answer there either
3. So I put my head over the backyard fence , did someone here order from uber?
4. replied with oh yes they are inside
5. person in the backyard greets me at the front door and accepts order

I return to my car scratching my head thinking wow are people really that distracted by what they are doing that they can't remember they ordered
food ? Or do they just not give a shit

Jack Malarkey

I like what you said about customers and restaurant owners , I'm sympathetic to the restaurant owners , when they get an order if they are busy they have a delay pick up button , I have had complaints from two restaurants now that say they cannot use the equipment , they don't get the support from Uber like we do with Green Hub stations ,when they send out bags they get delivered to the wrong address and having to do business with someone by email and waiting up to three business days is not the standard they think a company like Uber should be operating to , I feel like I'm there to be winge taker for the companies sometimes , if they are so busy they are not coping I politely say to them that's fine i'll let them know , cancel the order and type in extensive notes about the conversation you have at the restaurant , that way its no penalty to you.
1. I knock on the door , it is glass with a wooden frame so you can see through it , unattended baby is crawling on the floor in the hallway
2. No answer at the front door , I ring the customers contact number they provide no answer there either

I return to my car scratching my head thinking wow are people really that distracted by what they are doing that they can't remember they ordered
I did have a customer who had completely forgotten he had ordered food 20 minutes before. He had fallen asleep on the couch.

KITT

I have been doing UBER Eats only for nearly a year now on part time. I do around 20 trips a week only for additional income and maximize usage of my car.

I can tell you its not getting better compared to when I first started.

I have learned to declined delivery request. You get paid the same anyway no matter what your rating is.

Adam86

Update February 12th: just opened up Uber app and my bonuses are down to a maximum of $30 a day, or a whopping $2 extra per delivery. No chance of me continuing as an Uber Eats driver. They really need to provide more incentives for drivers as I've picked up people who work at restaurants with Uber Eats and they say they sonetsome have to remake the food coz it's been sitting too long and no drivers are being assigned to the job

Jack Malarkey

Update February 12th: just opened up Uber app and my bonuses are down to a maximum of $30 a day, or a whopping $2 extra per delivery. No chance of me continuing as an Uber Eats driver. They really need to provide more incentives for drivers as I've picked up people who work at restaurants with Uber Eats and they say they sonetsome have to remake the food coz it's been sitting too long and no drivers are being assigned to the job
The bonus in Canberra has also just dropped to $2 per delivery (from $3).

93A0EA35-22B0-429F-89A3-4CC00C4A21C7.png

Yeah, I have seen this, people falling asleep or not remembering that they have ordered something, others will wait at the front door for me, as they are hungry, basic human dynamics.

What I am seeing these days in Melbourne is worth mentioning....

a. Tuesday/Wednesday may or or may not be busy, the real week starts from Thursday and continues till Sunday.
b. I avoid ubereats promotional areas, as they are just trying to get drivers there where no one goes and there is not enough ping, so not worth going at all, move out of them. Remember Uber does not do things either in your favour or the restaurant, they are basically a company with a very toxic culture to fool you and maximize their profit, and I am just trying to beat them at their own game while being reasonably honest.....we all need to be shrewd to outsmart the cunning app.
c. I try to guess the areas where there are no delivery partners around, generally there are lot of pings.
d. I try to avoid Melbourne CBD and adjoining areas at all costs, not worth at all, its better to be at the suburbs.
e. I try to avoid Soups delivery for Asian kitchens, they will definitely spill and you will have hell of a time, this is the only time I generally cancel seeing the restaurant name.
f. I try to avoid McDonalds delivery, they are generally within 1.5 km radius, and they make you wait, so money is not worth it. See I am running a car and a new one for which 8-10 kms is no sweat, so why waste time.

I will come up with more ...

Last edited:

Adam86

Update April 2018: I've gotten back into Uber Eats now they have made it worthwhile. For me in Wollongong, they have an area from about Bellambi in the north to Coniston in the South with guaranteed 1.2x surge between 8am and 8pm, so even a short trip you're still making better money than a minimum Uber x fare

Hi, new guy here. After undergoing massive delays with uber support stuffing me around during the sign up process, I’m finally activated and ready to work. Had my first driving shift this afternoon, 2 jobs done well within an hour, $23 much more than I had expected. My expectations were $4-5 per delivery.

I’m in the outer south eastern suburbs of Melbourne metro, so I don’t know if demand matches other parts of the city - my presumption is inner city areas gets the most jobs, but who knows...

Kazza

Yeah, I have seen this, people falling asleep or not remembering that they have ordered something, others will wait at the front door for me, as they are hungry, basic human dynamics.

What I am seeing these days in Melbourne is worth mentioning....

a. Tuesday/Wednesday may or or may not be busy, the real week starts from Thursday and continues till Sunday.
b. I avoid ubereats promotional areas, as they are just trying to get drivers there where no one goes and there is not enough ping, so not worth going at all, move out of them. Remember Uber does not do things either in your favour or the restaurant, they are basically a company with a very toxic culture to fool you and maximize their profit, and I am just trying to beat them at their own game while being reasonably honest.....we all need to be shrewd to outsmart the cunning app.
c. I try to guess the areas where there are no delivery partners around, generally there are lot of pings.
d. I try to avoid Melbourne CBD and adjoining areas at all costs, not worth at all, its better to be at the suburbs.
e. I try to avoid Soups delivery for Asian kitchens, they will definitely spill and you will have hell of a time, this is the only time I generally cancel seeing the restaurant name.
f. I try to avoid McDonalds delivery, they are generally within 1.5 km radius, and they make you wait, so money is not worth it. See I am running a car and a new one for which 8-10 kms is no sweat, so why waste time.

I will come up with more ...
Can any one tell me if New Year’s Eve is traditionally busy for Uber eats thx(Melbourne)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Toronto 169
V Perth 13
Uber_Yota_916 Stories 26