Your experience with Lyft Scheduled Rides?

Safe_Driver_4_U

A few months back I got a ping for a decent $15 Lyft ride. Saw a notice that the rider had scheduled a pick up at 4pm I just happened to be closest at 4p I didn't schedule it. So the poor scheduled driver enroute got bumped . They didn't send the notice until ride was over! In light of this practice is it worth it to schedule rides? Your experience?

Null

I skip them. I once had Lyft take my current ride and replace it with a scheduled ride, with no indication. I arrived and saw thatthe pickup was 15 minutes after I showed up.

Cancelled that so quick and wrote a nastygram to Lyft. I haven't got a scheduled ride pickup in a longgggf time since they started offering to let drivers choose (and I don't opt in for them)

Also, generally speaking pax are unlikely to be ready to go at the scheduled time.

Though, maybe they've just been giving me scheduled pings and not telling me.

Wombat7

A few months back I got a ping for a decent $15 Lyft ride. Saw a notice that the rider had scheduled a pick up at 4pm I just happened to be closest at 4p I didn't schedule it. So the poor scheduled driver enroute got bumped . They didn't send the notice until ride was over! In light of this practice is it worth it to schedule rides? Your experience?
I've done it once and haven't signed up for it again.

It ties you up and keeps you from taking advantage of opportunities.

Since then I've done several where the driver no-showed (the pax tend to complain bitterly) for Lyft and several for Uber. Uber just assigns it to the nearest available driver, easy peasy when there's 7-8 effing drivers within 2 miles.

Wombat7

Thanks!!!

Noticed that Lyft has adopted upfront pricing.

That ends my shilling days for Lyft.

My new answer to the Question is going to have to be that they both suck. In a nice way of course.

Safe_Driver_4_U

really never thought I would encounter such organized evil at such a large scale. This is just a harbinger of things to come as the millennials get into more positions of power in our society. FYI they bumped another scheduled driver today and sent me instead, pax was sweet little old lady that was barely mobile. She thought I was dispatched by her church that got a seniors transportation grant. Having worked in the caretaking professions before I knew what to do, she got A+ service, I got no tip and no rating. There are some seniors transport outfits out there, who knows how bad the skimming is, if millenials running the show, certainly bad with some huge community service BS PR.