• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Your DF is safe

K-pax

Oh. Great. Now how about them addressing their robbery of surge from drivers? I did a 10 mile ride two days ago. Pax paid more than 2x surge (proven in the app). I got $2, with no adjustment. Daily, they run surges on the pax side around 1.8 - 2.2 and have nothing offered to drivers at all (base rate), or a buck or two for as short as they possibly could (while having the pax surge going off the hook sustained for more than an hour...

Oh. Great. Now how about them addressing their robbery of surge from drivers? I did a 10 mile ride two days ago. Pax paid more than 2x surge (proven in the app). I got $2, with no adjustment. Daily, they run surges on the pax side around 1.8 - 2.2 and have nothing offered to drivers at all (base rate), or a buck or two for as short as they possibly could (while having the pax surge going off the hook sustained for more than an hour...
This is an outrage! Ubering Robert Mueller is not happy with the new dollar surge structure.

Luver-Boy

If that wasn't enough, yesterday I was 3 minutes away from a surge area(bright red, about $8 surge) so I started driving towards it but surge kept shrinking as I was getting close. I was able to get right at center of surge and first ping I get is a 4 min. pickup for a 4 min. trip but in rush hour that means 15-20 trip, declined it, sat there for about 10 minutes then finally got a 3 min. pickup for a 25 min trip with a $6.75 surge, app was displaying still $7-$8 surge though so not sure why I got pay less. This company just have no limits playing all kinds of tricks to scam drivers, sometimes I just laugh at how cynical they are.

K-pax

If that wasn't enough, yesterday I was 3 minutes away from a surge area(bright red, about $8 surge) so I started driving towards it but surge kept shrinking as I was getting close. I was able to get right at center of surge and first ping I get is a 4 min. pickup for a 4 min. trip but in rush hour that means 15-20 trip, declined it, sat there for about 10 minutes then finally got a 3 min. pickup for a 25 min trip with a $6.75 surge, app was displaying still $7-$8 surge though so not sure why I got pay less. This company just have no limits playing all kinds of tricks to scam drivers, sometimes I just laugh at how cynical they are.
Well the trick.. was.. to monitor pax surge along with the dollar amount. Pax surge would determine The adjustment for long trips, so it would usually even out. They seem to have stopped adjusting long fares (anyone been adjusted lately? I haven’t even once since they started these shenanigans.) Lyft has also started some funny business with their extremely rare and extremely low ppzs. I decided to go online in one the other day while passing through. Drove into the purple, and it rose till it maxed out barely above the original ammount (which was pretty low... like... $1.25 start, and $1.50 max). Drove into the pink and it still had the maximum bonus message from the purple zone. The pink zone started at $1.50, and it told me to ‘stay in the pink.’ I just kept driving of course and made sure to stay online so I could actively reject (for their records) the next request with $1.50 added before going offline and taking a select run.

Seattle_my_beloved

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well the trick.. was.. to monitor pax surge along with the dollar amount. Pax surge would determine The adjustment for long trips, so it would usually even out. They seem to have stopped adjusting long fares (anyone been adjusted lately? I haven’t even once since they started these shenanigans.) Lyft has also started some funny business with their extremely rare and extremely low ppzs. I decided to go online in one the other day while passing through. Drove into the purple, and it rose till it maxed out barely above the original ammount (which was pretty low... like... $1.25 start, and $1.50 max). Drove into the pink and it still had the maximum bonus message from the purple zone. The pink zone started at $1.50, and it told me to ‘stay in the pink.’ I just kept driving of course and made sure to stay online so I could actively reject (for their records) the next request with $1.50 added before going offline and taking a select run.
Bro, you got yourself promoted to Select, please remember the rest of us in your prayers :biggrin:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Korean Ant Los Angeles & Orange County 12
father of unicorns Las Vegas 4
U San Francisco 0