"Your arrival times are delayed"

Mayobe

I'm an UberEats driver in Seattle. I got the following email from Uber today:

---
We noticed you were significantly late to multiple pickups and/or dropoffs last week. We understand that traffic, weather, and a number of other factors can play a role in delayed deliveries, but it is best for delivery partners and customers alike if you safely arrive to your destinations in a timely fashion.

Don’t worry — your profile is still active and you can continue using the Uber app. We value your partnership and hope that you continue to choose Uber as a partner.

The marketplace functions best when delivery partners consistently strive to pick up deliveries by the Estimated Time of Arrival. Check out some delivery tips here.
---

I'm interpreting this as a writeup from Uber.

I drove mainly on one day last week, and it was downtown Seattle, where traffic became overwhelmingly ridiculous because of accidents, street work, and congestion. Twice in one day I got stuck at a light for more than three cycles before I was able to wiggle out and try another route. One of my customers asked where I was and if I was okay, but none of them complained to me and I had a higher than average number of tips. (Almost every transaction had a tip!)

What do I do with this?

Last edited:

FLKeys

Reply back, traffic conditions are beyond your control, perhaps Uber should use better real time mapping based on current traffic conditions.

After that ignore it and carry on. At least you put in a response about traffic conditions and just maybe out of pure luck, someone will see it and realize you did nothing wrong.

Mayobe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
don't do Ubereats
Um... This is how I pay my bills.
Are you saying I should drive for a different service instead?

As far as avoiding it, I'd like to but I'm not sure how. I go to Seattle for the big promo boosts. I try to base myself up on the hill by the college, but it invariably drags me down into the mess. Maybe I should try the north end or something. I don't know that area, but...

I wish there were a way to specify an area of operation or even a desired destination, so that it would try to give me orders that lead me toward where I want to be.

UberBeemer

The advantage of working eats is not dealing with pax. But the dispatch is its own worst enemy. I got eats pings today, but most of them would have required me to turn around and go back a mile or more in the direction i just came from. And, lots of the participating restaurants don't even start the order until i get to the counter. I have learned which places to decline.

Mayobe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is there a way to decline after accepting without a penalty? It doesn't say anything about the order until I've accepted it.

AtomicBlonde

Is there a way to decline after accepting without a penalty? It doesn't say anything about the order until I've accepted it.
"Report Issue". That's how you cancel. Just choose "Too far" by default unless one of the other options describes the reason. There's no penalty, you can cancel as much as you want after accepting. (Just not after you have the food.)

Vtue

---
We noticed you were significantly late to multiple pickups and/or dropoffs last week. We understand that traffic, weather, and a number of other factors can play a role in delayed deliveries, but it is best for delivery partners and customers alike if you safely arrive to your destinations in a timely fashion.

Don’t worry — your profile is still active and you can continue using the Uber app. We value your partnership and hope that you continue to choose Uber as a partner.

The marketplace functions best when delivery partners consistently strive to pick up deliveries by the Estimated Time of Arrival. Check out some delivery tips here.
---

I drove mainly on one day last week, and it was downtown Seattle, where traffic became overwhelmingly ridiculous because of accidents, street work, and congestion. Twice in one day I got stuck at a light for more than three cycles before I was able to wiggle out and try another route. One of my customers asked where I was and if I was okay, but none of them complained to me and I had a higher than average number of tips. (Almost every transaction had a tip!)

What do I do with this?
Well let me tell you, after almost 2,000 trips, I got the exact same notification that you did. But, I believe I got mine not because of traffic though that does play a role, I believe I got it because a customer who lived on the fourth floor of an apartment building placed an order that had been sitting for 45 minutes at a restaurant before I got the Ping to pick it up, then I delivered it to him and when I arrived there was no parking I asked him if he would come down and meet me he refused to respond, other than to say his was the last apartment at the end of the hallway on the fourth floor and he would buzz me up. I had to park three blocks away and I had to park illegally in the only available spot, then walk three blocks in a snowstorm, wait for him to buzz me up then wait for the slow elevator to come down take that slow elevator up, walk all the way down the long hall to the last unit and was met by a rude guy who I am certain complained that his order was late because he whined to me that his order had been sitting there for an hour because he called the restaurant to check
So I replied to Uber with that information. The response I got was no problems you're still in good standing and they'll make a notation of my comments. Well yesterday after almost 2,000 trips, my account was deactivated for repeated late deliveries over the last several weeks. Which was bs. Ironically, I believe it's from that same restaurant Wings Over, because they had an order sitting for an hour and 15 minutes that when I arrived to pick up my order they asked if I was taking this one too and I said no just got a ping for a different order, I left the building pulled into the parking lot started out and suddenly got a ping to pick up the one that had been sitting for over an hour, I turned right around got that one, delivered the one I had gotten first and then immediately went to the other delivery. The customer started right in on me with the fact that it has been sitting for over an hour why was it so late. I let him know that I had just signed on 10 minutes ago I got notification of one delivery and then immediately got the notification for his, I apologized that it was late but stated that it had nothing to do with me. He let me know that he was going to call Uber to complain at which point I said I completely understand and I asked him to mention that while he was upset that it was late that the driver, me, delivered it immediately but the order had been sitting for a long time. Somehow I don't think that was adequately explained, because that was the very last order I did that day and the very next morning when I signed on I got notification that I had been deactivated. I tried all day to contact support through text in the app, through email, and by calling support or should we call it lack of support got nowhere got no response. 12 hours later I finally got a response via email letting me know that the information I had provided would be forwarded to the appropriate department and I would be hearing something within 2 to 5 business days. Well it's been 2 days I haven't heard anything and I'm still suspended. So my advice to you, is be cautious, and maybe look for something else. If a full-time job is out of the question, then try doordash or GrubHub. I would avoid Postmates at all cost, and if caviar is delivering near you you might want to give them a try.

Last edited:

amazinghl

Um... This is how I pay my bills.
What is your exit plan?

kiltedcameraman

When I click on "Not Ready" while waiting for an order at a restaurant, does it mean much to UE?
Uber starts your pay time when you get to the restaurant. The only benefit of hitting not ready is if you are in one of those places where you are standing at the counter, but Uber still thinks you are .1 mi away.

Jbstevens88

I assumed the "Not Ready" button let Uber know to adjust the algorithm as to when the food "should" be ready for the next driver

Rickos69

A little nose pierced, ear pierced, lip pierced, tongue pierced girl at Popeye's told me that she drives for Uber too, and that I am being paid to wait when I complained about the wait time.
I just decided its better to just ignore her. I think she mentioned she also knew how the universe was created.

tohunt4me

---

---

What do I do with this?
Bring it to Court to explain your SPEEDING TICKETS !