your app is in shambles.

The Entomologist

I have no idea what they think they are doing, first they break destination, then they break markers for long trips and in the end they turn the app into a prison.

Was this because of little ol me? :wink:

AS you can tell, pinkies, none of my testers are doing anything on your app anymore because I stopped feeding them exploits, given my target is uber atm, I realized... however... the current state of your app as I logged in to do a few rides this week, my Gawd it's just a pointless prison with nothing fixed still, you know... locking a key point to methods does not solve your bug, you have been spying on my alpha tester so much he asked me to give him another account so you could get off his case but I told him the shop is closed until we are done with Uber, for some reason he likes your small long trips rather than Uber's monstrosities.

Let's help you understand everything you broke thus far.

1. Destination:

No matches (tries to find direct route), recently changed back to matching anything with a high chance at going just as far in a cardinal point taking you off the route ( e.g. if from S to N all the way E or W away from route) and making the match pointless, oh and this is if it doesn't take you the opposite way.

Suggested fix:

Use your brains and create a filter with a selection between "any trip" or "direct match", some people want anything out of a place 100 miles away from their city, others stay home or in a place trying to find a direct trip to where they are going ( people at work), yes I know, this has abuse written all over but you can set one of your 6 destinations to do that, make matching "city wise" on your script, cities have names, you don't need locations... just match names, it's the "easiest on cpu method" of making matches, your servers are overloaded perhaps you should get some lessons from uber about scaling their backend.

Obviously, I don't need to tell you that you should replace the name of a city by a number to make it easier on your server.

2. Trip markers:

Lol... If you are experimenting, I don't know what you are trying to achieve but it's unnerving, suddenly (at least on android) I only see +30 at the airport and no markers outside the airport, you disappeared +45 and lately the +60 you put out for like a month, had a friend do a 2 hour trip with +30 mark, +45 outside the airport is gone.

Suggested fix:

Approximate! it makes no difference for the person looking for those trips but it makes a HUGE difference for the guy who doesn't have time to do it, given your cancellation threshold is close to Nazi.

Fix +45 and +60 at the airport and add +30 +45 +60 outside the airport.

3. Short trip:

I thought you kids did not have shit trip protection (since I never took one LOL) but you do... You do not mark the trip which in a way is smart given people avoid short trip like a plague on Uber, your ticket system is however... broken.

You set the ticket at 4.5 miles instead of the destination of the trip thus going over those miles by .1 mile removes the ticket, welp, never taking a short trip again!

Suggested fix:

You can do so much... with that ticket system... yet you choose to follow the idiots at Uber in their dumb ass design, you can gap the amount of trips taken out of the airport, let me explain to you how the mind of driver works:

You either get a ticket or you get a long trip, anything else is only taken by a driver who doesn't have uber or is afraid to cancel.

By designing the ticket system to cover longer ranges, you have SUCCESSFULLY allowed the driver to take YOUR trip over Uber's, why? because you come back for another, you see... airport queues are about time for 90% of the ants in there who pick everything and make decisions, if you increase the short trip distance to 10 miles you have successfully narrowed the gap of unwanted trips, so now (given a no traffic +30 trip is about 20 miles), you only have to worry about 11 to 19 mile trips, making sense yet?

This is the most crucial tool you can change in your battle against Uber and by the way, mark the @@@@ing trips as "short trips" if you decide to change the range so that people will know they can take your trip over Uber's, the longer the mileage, the more people will take them over Uber's surprises.

4. Prison app:

*Sighs* anything you touch on the app gets you off the queue, I know, I know... it was the "only way", however... your online button is rather sensitive and too easy to touch.

Suggested fix:

Hide the online/offline button so that touching the screen with anything won't get you kicked out, uber's design is a bit harder to screw since it's a button, still, this needs a fix if you think prison app is the way to go (not sure why since as I said before, it doesn't stop the bug).

Anyways, that's all I have for you, your testers suck given I found 22 huge exploits on your app, I wouldn't trust them as far as debugging or logical design goes.

Last edited:

kcdrvr15

What do you expect, they hire cheap, low skilled, coders with fake creditinals, most whom can 'write code' but can't 'read code' like a book or story, so they don't see the logic errors in their poems. If you found 22 exploits in their app, I bet there's more.

KD_LA

Author
I have no idea what they think they are doing, first they break destination, then they break markers for long trips and in the end they turn the app into a prison.

Was this because of little ol me? :wink:

AS you can tell, pinkies, none of my testers are doing anything on your app anymore because I stopped feeding them exploits, given my target is uber atm, I realized... however... the current state of your app as I logged in to do a few rides this week, my Gawd it's just a pointless prison with nothing fixed still, you know... locking a key point to methods does not solve your bug, you have been spying on my alpha tester so much he asked me to give him another account so you could get off his case but I told him the shop is closed until we are done with Uber, for some reason he likes your small long trips rather than Uber's monstrosities.

Let's help you understand everything you broke thus far.

1. Destination:

No matches (tries to find direct route), recently changed back to matching anything with a high chance at going just as far in a cardinal point taking you off the route ( e.g. if from S to N all the way E or W away from route) and making the match pointless, oh and this is if it doesn't take you the opposite way.

Suggested fix:

Use your brains and create a filter with a selection between "any trip" or "direct match", some people want anything out of a place 100 miles away from their city, others stay home or in a place trying to find a direct trip to where they are going ( people at work), yes I know, this has abuse written all over but you can set one of your 6 destinations to do that, make matching "city wise" on your script, cities have names, you don't need locations... just match names, it's the "easiest on cpu method" of making matches, your servers are overloaded perhaps you should get some lessons from uber about scaling their backend.

Obviously, I don't need to tell you that you should replace the name of a city by a number to make it easier on your server.

2. Trip markers:

Lol... If you are experimenting, I don't know what you are trying to achieve but it's unnerving, suddenly (at least on android) I only see +30 at the airport and no markers outside the airport, you disappeared +45 and lately the +60 you put out for like a month, had a friend do a 2 hour trip with +30 mark, +45 outside the airport is gone.

Suggested fix:

Approximate! it makes no difference for the person looking for those trips but it makes a HUGE difference for the guy who doesn't have time to do it, given your cancellation threshold is close to Nazi.

Fix +45 and +60 at the airport and add +30 +45 +60 outside the airport.

3. Short trip:

I thought you kids did not have shit trip protection (since I never took one LOL) but you do... You do not mark the trip which in a way is smart given people avoid short trip like a plague on Uber, your ticket system is however... broken.

You set the ticket at 4.5 miles instead of the destination of the trip thus going over those miles by .1 mile removes the ticket, welp, never taking a short trip again!

Suggested fix:

You can do so much... with that ticket system... yet you choose to follow the idiots at Uber in their dumb ass design, you can gap the amount of trips taken out of the airport, let me explain to you how the mind of driver works:

You either get a ticket or you get a long trip, anything else is only taken by a driver who doesn't have uber or is afraid to cancel.

By designing the ticket system to cover longer ranges, you have SUCCESSFULLY allowed the driver to take YOUR trip over Uber's, why? because you come back for another, you see... airport queues are about time for 90% of the ants in there who pick everything and make decisions, if you increase the short trip distance to 10 miles you have successfully narrowed the gap of unwanted trips, so now (given a no traffic +30 trip is about 20 miles), you only have to worry about 11 to 19 mile trips, making sense yet?

This is the most crucial tool you can change in your battle against Uber and by the way, mark the @@@@ing trips as "short trips" if you decide to change the range so that people will know they can take your trip over Uber's, the longer the mileage, the more people will take them over Uber's surprises.

4. Prison app:

*Sighs* anything you touch on the app gets you off the queue, I know, I know... it was the "only way", however... your online button is rather sensitive and too easy to touch.

Suggested fix:

Hide the online/offline button so that touching the screen with anything won't get you kicked out, uber's design is a bit harder to screw since it's a button, still, this needs a fix if you think prison app is the way to go (not sure why since as I said before, it doesn't stop the bug).

Anyways, that's all I have for you, your testers suck given I found 22 huge exploits on your app, I wouldn't trust them as far as debugging or logical design goes.
Hey if could be worse... it could be the Tryp app! :roflmao::roflmao:

The Entomologist

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do werk, boys.

The "we aren't a transportation company but a tech company" excuse against the disability lawsuits isn't going to hold if the app isn't really teched out.