You know it’s slow when...

Cowwy

I keep hearing how slow it is and has been. Yet going back to Friday I’ve been pulling in some serious coin.

Last night no different. I hit the road in Stouffville around 5pm. Got home around 130 am. $173. Uber and Lyft breakdown attached.
People don't put efforts into the work, so they make nothing and therefore it is slow.

uber_from_the north

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I keep hearing how slow it is and has been. Yet going back to Friday I’ve been pulling in some serious coin.

Last night no different. I hit the road in Stouffville around 5pm. Got home around 130 am. $173. Uber and Lyft breakdown attached.
Well it is really slow for me earlier. I had moved 5 plazas/gas stations for almost 2 hrs of my driving got only a couple of pax lol.

You know it's slow when you have opened most of the page 1 and 2 topics here on UP.net Toronto sub-forum while waiting for a ping.

dmoney155

Yeah, I had a good night too last night.... I' thinking either it was busy for reals, or I was just spoonfed since I was off driving for a while. Either way, anytime I get select to the airport and rematch, plus few destination rides on way home, it's a great day.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
Yeah, I had a good night too last night.... I' thinking either it was busy for reals, or I was just spoonfed since I was off driving for a while. Either way, anytime I get select to the airport and rematch, plus few destination rides on way home, it's a great day.
Alas, it is nearly impossible to quantify whether or not the 'spoonfed' is real.

I was doing some reading last night with the App on from 8pm onward. No ping until 11pm, but it was a juicy 40+ minute ride to eastern part of Toronto (from North West side of Mississauga). Did a few 'core rides' before finally dropping off someone near the airport near 1am. 4 rides in 2 hours is not great, but not terrible as they were solid rides and there was ZERO traffic in the core last night, but that is all luck of the draw.

I tried the shitter Q because I was nearby and the number of drivers was single digits.
However, I simply do not have the patience for it, even on a warm spring night.
It was pratically a street-party there, with all the little cliques gathered in their sewing circles.

racer26

I didn't drive Monday, had a family Easter thing, but yesterday was one of my best Tuesday nights ever at $162 combined from U/L

Konkort

For me (guess, for many drivers) second half of last week and this week till now is great time. I am already at 85 trips.
But for me it is not surprise at all. We are in the end of "perfect" cycle. Do you remember first decade of April? Such slow time when many of you claimed in panic that Uber is effectively dead due to saturation?
How I mentioned two weeks ago that "disaster" happened at new moon phase, when the nature usually put brakes on human activity in any aspect. But the scale of slowness was extraordinary. That is why I refer this cycle (between new and full moon phases) to "perfect". In such event the significant drop in human activity is fully compensated later, under full moon phase (ended yesterday). According my observation "perfect" cycle happens two-three times in year. Other cycles are not so contrast. In 2011 three perfect cycles occurred back to back (bread consumption changed more than 20%).

Kurt Halfyard

Author
For me (guess, for many drivers) second half of last week and this week till now is great time. I am already at 85 trips.
But for me it is not surprise at all. We are in the end of "perfect" cycle. Do you remember first decade of April? Such slow time when many of you claimed in panic that Uber is effectively dead due to saturation?
How I mentioned two weeks ago that "disaster" happened at new moon phase, when the nature usually put brakes on human activity in any aspect. But the scale of slowness was extraordinary. That is why I refer this cycle (between new and full moon phases) to "perfect". In such event the significant drop in human activity is fully compensated later, under full moon phase (ended yesterday). According my observation "perfect" cycle happens two-three times in year. Other cycles are not so contrast. In 2011 three perfect cycles occurred back to back (bread consumption changed more than 20%).
I am glad you see what you want to see.