You have not been accepting many rides lately

UberIsAllFubared

The only reason my acceptance rate falls sometimes is when I let stacked pings time out. There are a host of reasons, from difficult finishing navigation issues, to having to go PEE, to just not wanting to drive in certain areas. Here is the thing, I CAN'T TURN THE DAMN APT OFF IF I AM STILL ON A RIDE, so stop giving me grief about my acceptance rating when I let stacked pings time out. The only time I don't accept "normal" reqeusts are if they are 15 minutes away. I even accept pool. But it never fails, if I have to pee, I get 4 stacked pings I have to let time out. Or if I just swam though the Hell of Western Blvd to get to a destination, I am not taking any more rides on this God forsaken road, so of course I get 4 stacked pings there.

The day I suffer consequences for not accepting stacked pings is the day I file suit.

UberIsAllFubared

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I use the uber app, but sometimes I am in the middle of multiple twists and turns and trying to find the address and last thing I need is a ride request at that moment, because it takes me out of navigation and voice instructions when I do.

Also, the reason why I use the uber navigation is because a lot of female passenger follow along on their phones, and if google maps takes a different way, I know it will freak them out, especially at night.

Tedgey

The only reason my acceptance rate falls sometimes is when I let stacked pings time out. There are a host of reasons, from difficult finishing navigation issues, to having to go PEE, to just not wanting to drive in certain areas. Here is the thing, I CAN'T TURN THE DAMN APT OFF IF I AM STILL ON A RIDE, so stop giving me grief about my acceptance rating when I let stacked pings time out. The only time I don't accept "normal" reqeusts are if they are 15 minutes away. I even accept pool. But it never fails, if I have to pee, I get 4 stacked pings I have to let time out. Or if I just swam though the Hell of Western Blvd to get to a destination, I am not taking any more rides on this God forsaken road, so of course I get 4 stacked pings there.

The day I suffer consequences for not accepting stacked pings is the day I file suit.
I love Western. I wish I could drive up and down Western all day long. I love Western so much I set my destination filter to Western and wait. Sometimes I'll make illegal turns in front of cops on Western so I can spend more time sitting on Western. Then I'll tell the cop I think I might have some illegal drugs stashed somewhere in the car but I'm not positive just so I can sit on the curb of Western while the cop does a thorough search of my car. Then when he doesn't find anything I'll just say phew, that's a relief and the cop will think I'm weird but I really only do it because I love Western that much.

LASAC_BER

I use the uber app, but sometimes I am in the middle of multiple twists and turns and trying to find the address and last thing I need is a ride request at that moment, because it takes me out of navigation and voice instructions when I do.

Also, the reason why I use the uber navigation is because a lot of female passenger follow along on their phones, and if google maps takes a different way, I know it will freak them out, especially at night.
Makes sense. Was just going to say you can change your destination in partner app while using waze/google, and avoid new incoming pings. You probably know that, it was a new thing I was taught :smiles:

Joe123456

Put your phone on airplane mode. and you won't get pings. Merry Christmas

HERR_UBERMENSCH

Makes sense. Was just going to say you can change your destination in partner app while using waze/google, and avoid new incoming pings. You probably know that, it was a new thing I was taught :smiles:
Only one problem, you might get a ping for near the new destination if it isn't too far away.

rudygti

well dont complain about struggling to make platinum than

Los Angeles driver

I get 30min timeouts for skipping pings. Most of them are pool. When I get a 30min timeout, I usually take the rest of the day off......

Thanks Uber.

UberHelot

I have not driven in 3 weeks. Driver App has NOT been on the WHOLE time. I still get that @#%#$%@#% message, "You are passing up easy rides, turn off your application when not willing to accept rides". Complete morons at uber.

warrior lady

I don't know if it's available yet in your area, but in Washington D.C. area, they have a new feature to stop incoming requests. It may only be available when on a pool ride, but under waybill (screen with info.about pax), there is an option to stop incoming requests.

uberxreallysux

Uber is stupid for stack pings. Some pax makes 2 stops sometimes so we can't accept trips when that is the case

aeiou_-

I love Western. I wish I could drive up and down Western all day long. I love Western so much I set my destination filter to Western and wait. Sometimes I'll make illegal turns in front of cops on Western so I can spend more time sitting on Western. Then I'll tell the cop I think I might have some illegal drugs stashed somewhere in the car but I'm not positive just so I can sit on the curb of Western while the cop does a thorough search of my car. Then when he doesn't find anything I'll just say phew, that's a relief and the cop will think I'm weird but I really only do it because I love Western that much.
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg