• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

You Guys Just Need to Learn How to Do Emergency Clean-Up, and be Ready for It.

FormerTaxiDriver

Over and over, I have read postings about some driver whining about getting gypped out of cleaning fees. I was a cab driver, and there was NO cleaning fee where I drove, unless I fought with the passenger about it, or had a warning sign that could be reinforced by the local police.

We have to keep our cars clean anyways, so vacuuming it out and washing it should not have a stupid fee applied each time some little fragment is left by passengers.

What about cross contamination of pet hair being tracked in? Hmmm? I'm seeing more of this each day as the earth becomes warmer. Ae you gonna whine about that too?

Get yourself some supplies that can fit in the trunk someplace, and five bucks or so in quarters to vacuum it out, or wash the crap off the car.

Cableguynoe

What about cross contamination of pet hair being tracked in? Hmmm? I'm seeing more of this each day as the earth becomes warmer. Ae you gonna whine about that too?

This isn't a cab. If I drive a cab and someone made a mess in it, I wouldn't give a shat either.

This is my personal car that my wife and kids use.

And I ain't whining. I'm simply collecting.

Last edited:

FormerTaxiDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So let me get this straight.

You clean up after your riders with a smile?
Probably do waters and mints to.
Hey if it works for you.
No, I have a commercial car meant for transporting passengers. Messes get paid for as I'm offline cleaning it up.

I don't know why it's so hard for many drivers to deal with messes. I guess they will learn.

And I'm not wishing somebody would throw up in here, so I can have the rest of the day off either. Lol

FormerTaxiDriver

I'm pretty sure we all clean them up the same way you do.

I guess I don't understand. Are you suggesting we don't try to get a cleaning fee even though this is something Uber has set up for us to at least protect our car somewhat?
This thread is a response to all those messy threads last weekend.

I remember reading articles in other media about a driver making a living off of vomit.
WTH?

New Drivers, there are plenty of videos on YouTube about being ready to clean up vomit, shit, piss, dog hair, and ect.

YouTube is your friend.

Expiditer77

Wait the earth is getting warmer? Snow in Egypt and Rome is not warmer brah. I like the pictures of tourists in the arctic when the sun is high, that's summer. Please find me pictures of you and the sad polar bears in January if your camera has flash.

dctcmn

Wait the earth is getting warmer? Snow in Egypt and Rome is not warmer brah. I like the pictures of tourists in the arctic when the sun is high, that's summer. Please find me pictures of you and the sad polar bears in January if your camera has flash.
Thanks to this post, I now believe that climate change is a hoax, because I always find scientific arguments that include the word 'brah' to be most convincing.

ImSkittles

I hope you're not one of those people who don't know the difference between "weather" and "climate." I hope you understand that local weather has NOTHING to do with climate change. :rolleyes:

I hope you are either joking or that I'm just reading your post wrong.:oopsies:

unPat

Over and over, I have read postings about some driver whining about getting gypped out of cleaning fees. I was a cab driver, and there was NO cleaning fee where I drove, unless I fought with the passenger about it, or had a warning sign that could be reinforced by the local police.

We have to keep our cars clean anyways, so vacuuming it out and washing it should not have a stupid fee applied each time some little fragment is left by passengers.

Get yourself some supplies that can fit in the trunk someplace, and five bucks or so in quarters to vacuum it out, or wash the crap off the car.
How do you plan to clean this ?

Dusgusting!!!! Blood on my seats

https://uberpeople.net/threads/dusgusting-blood-on-my-seats.243154/page-4#post-3666416

Julescase

So let me get this straight.

You clean up after your riders with a smile?
Probably do waters and mints to.
Hey if it works for you.

I like to hold the plastic bag (which I provide free of charge, BTW!) open for them as they puke into it. Sometimes I lightly stroke their hair, depending on how nurturing I feel.

Then I smile, say "All done, Honeybunch?" and twist-tie that mess up like nobody's business.

Juggalo9er

Did you own the cab.... no?
The rest your statement is meaningless...

Sandie52

I tried cleaning my cloth seats myself but I was unable to get the stains out. I want to have the interior cleaned by a professional with good reviews. Any suggestions? Also I want some good seat covers for the rear seats (2016 Toyota Corolla). Any suggestions? Thanks for the advice.

FormerTaxiDriver

Weathertech has a deficit for back flooring protection, as it is for my car.

I'm fixing to but a set of front floor mats for the back, from Autozone, with my 10% Uber discount.

I tried cleaning my cloth seats myself but I was unable to get the stains out. I want to have the interior cleaned by a professional with good reviews. Any suggestions? Also I want some good seat covers for the rear seats (2016 Toyota Corolla). Any suggestions? Thanks for the advice.
Shout upholstery cleaner for autos. It works wonders.