1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

You drivers better get your flu shots

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Lee239, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Lee239

Lee239

they are coming out around now I think, i saw a woman getting one last time the were in Walgreens.

The flu is passed on from person to person so if someone is sick in your car you may get it or from touching surfaces they touched.

you might still get a cold but the flu is much worse and can land you in the hospital.

Authority and Grahamcracker like this.
  2. Hell to the NO.

I had 5 flu shots in my lifetime, and EVERY TIME I got the flu exactly 10 days later.

I am now over 50 yrs old, and have had the flu exactly 5 times in my life.

No flu shot for me ever again.

3. MHR

MHR Moderator

Dang...it’s already flu shot threads season? Where did the year go?;)

Z129, Fozzie, Rakos and 3 others like this.
  4. Lee239

Lee239

Believe what makes you happy but the flu shot can not give you the flu, and if you do get a different strain because that can happen it should not be as bad as if you didn't happen. You probably had a bad cold,

Ezridax, Christinebitg and HolikDad like this.
  5. Authority

Authority

Great post!

Lee239 likes this.
  6. mikes424

mikes424

Many insurance companies will pay for the flu shot with no out of pocket expense.

Lee239 likes this.
  7. Authority

Authority

Thank god we have Uber Health and don’t have to go the county health department... or just die.

Lee239 likes this.
  8. Dave Bust

Dave Bust

9. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    All insurance companies will pay for it with no copay or insurance. At least in the US.

10. Bbonez

Bbonez

Insurance companies will pay for it with no insurance? I'm confused, please explain.

11. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    Autocorrect... co-insurance.

12. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

I’ll pass for at least the twentieth year in a row. I haven’t had the flu once during that time.

13. Lee239

Lee239

So you trust luck over preventive medicine.

You want to know why you are not getting the flu? Because so many people are getting the flu shot that they can't get it and pass it on to you. You can only get the flu from a person who has it, one day your luck will run out.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    Christinebitg likes this.
  14. In NYC and NJ we also have a lot of foreign travelers getting into our cars who are carrying flu viruses from other continents that our US based vaccine will not save us from getting sick. But its always better to have the flu shot done to try and limit the potential of getting sick. Its off to Walgreens I go with the kids to get our shots done.

Lee239 likes this.
  15. MHR

MHR Moderator

Everyone in my house now gets the flu shot. With one of the boys being considered “medically fragile”, we can’t risk the flu going around.

Plus, the 2 years that I was late getting the shot, I got the flu. Thought I was going to die. I’m too old to have 103 degree fever.

I get mine done at our pharmacy, our prescription insurance covers the cost.

Christinebitg, SuzeCB, Fozzie and 2 others like this.
  16. Authority

Authority

Does it??

17. MHR

MHR Moderator

Perhaps you would have liked it better if I had stated it this way, “the insurance that my husbands’s employer has allowed us to purchase, which in turn covers a portion of our medical, dental and medicinal costs, covers our flu shots”.

Sorry for being so brief in my previous statement.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  18. Fozzie

Fozzie

Driving:
    UberX
    Lovely. Time for my doctor to start lecturing me on why I need annual flu and pneumonia shots. It sucks, but for those of us with compromised immune systems and multiple risk factors, I guess it's worth getting done. Even having had them last year, though, I still had 3 colds and 2 bouts with pneumonia.

Christinebitg, Rakos and MHR like this.
  19. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    You sicko you...8>)

If I was that sick...

They would put me in a cage....

All by myself....8>)

Hope it goes better this year...

Rakos
    funny_monkey_by_minotaurosk-d4fhqxx.jpg