• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

"You are the only white driver I've ever had."

Rog’O Datto

In Philly and A-B-E yes less than 2% are White, interestingly the Blacks seem to appreciate me because I actually speak English and understand what they say.
Post automatically merged:

Post a picture of your CIB then we will believe you.
I don’t give a flying 💩 if you or anyone else believes me. 🤣

SuzeCB

It's not. I was referencing the demographics of the 13 colonies in 1776.
Largely Christian, but many of the Founding Fathers were actually Deists in belief and practice, even if they had been raised one Christian denomination or another. It would be a stretch to assume they were the only ones that weren't Christian.

Also, as far as the COLONIES were concerned, England had an official religion. It was bad enough for a subject to not be Church of England, but to openly be non-Christian?

This is why freedom of religion is written into the Bill of Rights. It's to protect ALL religious beliefs.

Lots of times, lots of Christians tend to forget this.

ANT 7

I actually got this comment yesterday.

I replied that I think there are really only 2 of us, because I had seen and talked to only one other white Uber driver before in my travels.

Nothing negative was implied in the conversation, it was just an observation from a non-caucasian pax. We actually got to the subject of Uber driver's being highly educated because a lot of them here can't afford to, or are able to get their educational credentials easily accepted in Canada, so they drive taxi or Uber, etc.

Christinebitg

but many of the Founding Fathers were actually Deists in belief and practice, even if they had been raised one Christian denomination or another.
Lets take this a step farther.

Many of the religious reference in the early documents of the U.S. were there because they were intended to justify not being subject to the English crown. Kings and queens routinely claimed that they had a "divine right" to rule.

Rog’O Datto

Then your not Indian my pal and yes the US Government and Tribal DO make you prove it. I should know...

Your a fake like all the others. Elizabeth Warren might be a good person to consult.
I’m not Native American...because I don’t care if you believe me? Go F a goat.

2kwik4u

I replied that I think there are really only 2 of us, because I had seen and talked to only one other white Uber driver before in my travels.
I'm gonna steal this one. It has enough substance to lay on some sarcasm, but still get the point across that maybe it's not the best comment for the pax to be making in general.

I get a lot of "Oh thank God you speak English".....and have been looking for a clever way to respond.