You are owned money from Uber

Inshur

bigdreamslittlemoney

This was part of the Taxi workers alliance lawsuit.
Damn look guys it added up to 45 million in 2.5 half year. Imagine all the other ways the robbed us. Should easily add up to half a billion to a billion dollars.
Damn their lawyer knew their was not a chance they were going to win on this count so simply issue a refund say miscalculation. This way they avoid paying penalties.

I am hearing from a few sources the amount we getting is not even close to what they took so if asked to sign anything please don't sign.

Also all active drivers should not have to enter bank details. All Inactive drivers I would go to Greenlight HUB to updated details so it doesn't get lost in the middle. PS DON'T SIGN ANYTHING

REMEMBER THE CHANGE YOU SEEING IN RATE IS MOST LIKELY BECAUSE OF THIS. SO THEY WERE TAKING 2 - 5 % ON EVERY FARE. THE AMOUNT SHOULD BE MUCH HIGHER. AND LOOK AT THE UBER E-MAILS THEY CLAIMING THEY GIVING US HIGHER EARNINGS. SHAMELESS

They are accepting this discrepancy as a legal ploy to reduce the damages they going to get through the lawsuit. They are going to dispute the math and say they refunded the correct amount. They don't have the legal right to ask you to sign anything on this.

Uber Accidently Admits it was because of the Lawsuit.

(from CNN [Uber said the discovery regarding driver commission in New York City came to light last week, as part of its "larger earnings change."])

From TWA email - On May 12, 2017, NYTWA members filed an amended complaint as part of our federal lawsuit against Uber, expanding on the claim we filed in June 2016 that Uber was unlawfully taking the sales tax and black car fund surcharge out of driver pay.

Last edited:

bigdreamslittlemoney

I am laughing because no matter how they try to hide behind all their addendums they going to end up paying sooner or later for all the things. And hope people don't take it Uber giving back money. And see it like you do they stole from us.

Uber Driver 007

So is there anyone here that can look at this objectively and agree that it's a good thing that happened? Yes the analytics are bad and 'it should have never happened' but this is way easier vs a dragged out class-action lawsuit where we may or may not see any money years later. Does everyone here hate Uber so much that no one will look at this objectively with an open mind? A lot of drivers are getting thousands of dollars. YES it belonged to you - but you never had it - and in reality - never would have either. LoL. So let's thank God and look at this objectively!

Abbas878

i got that mail too and getting around $8000. It looks to me scam why they are asking for bank information. I already stop driving 1 year ago.

bigdreamslittlemoney

I am hearing from a few sources the amount we getting is not even close to what they took so if asked to sign anything please don't sign.

Also all active drivers should not have to enter bank details. All Inactive drivers I would go to Greenlight HUB to updated details so it doesn't get lost in the middle. PS DON'T SIGN ANYTHING

REMEMBER THE CHANGE YOU SEEING IN RATE IS MOST LIKELY BECAUSE OF THIS. SO THEY WERE TAKING 2 - 5 % ON EVERY FARE. THE AMOUNT SHOULD BE MUCH HIGHER

observer

I just thought of something, make sure there is no strings attached by ACCEPTING this money.

How was this number calculated? Do you give up your right to challenge the amount later?

REMEMBER THE CHANGE YOU SEEING IN RATE IS MOST LIKELY BECAUSE OF THIS. SO THEY WERE TAKING 2 - 5 % ON EVERY FARE. THE AMOUNT SHOULD BE MUCH HIGHER

EXACTLY, DON'T SIGN ANYTHING!!!!

Recoup

Random observation from the cited news story...
The strained relations aren’t just bad press; they’re a fundamental problem for Uber’s business, which relies on having a large network of drivers to dispatch at any given time. The company has said it retains about 50% of drivers after one year, though other reports have set that figure much lower.

Does anyone here believe 50% of Uber drivers last a year? :rolleyes:

Inshur New York