Yet Another Pay Cut?

GDB

I doubt you will see your über rates go up to make up for this fee to the city.

Uber, Lyft to pay $1 pickup fee for ABIA passengers

AUSTIN -- Uber and Lyft have reached a new deal with Austin Bergstrom International airport to allow the companies to continue picking up passengers there.

Under the six-month agreement both companies will pay the one dollar pick-up fee per passenger. Taxi companies pay the same fee.

A previous agreement with the airport was set to expire Monday.

Tx rides

AUSTIN -- Uber and Lyft have reached a new deal with Austin Bergstrom International airport to allow the companies to continue picking up passengers there.

Under the six-month agreement both companies will pay the one dollar pick-up fee per passenger. Taxi companies pay the same fee.

Let me guess .... Uber will report the number of runs to them, and pay per p/u? LMAO! They have yet to report the required data to the city.

ABIA: How many runs did you do?
UBER: We cannot tell you . That is proprietary! Confidential! NoneYa! Oh, OK....we did 42.

Ziggy

I understood that this would be handled just like the "Safe Ride" fee ... passed on to the pax

Tx rides

Ahh - the old HONOR SYSTEM! I think our company should start paying chauffeurs based on how many runs WE REPORT that they completed!!! That's a good fiscal plan for us (of course someone, who shall remain nameless, has a Severe Slot Habit - which could make me [I mean unnamed person] forget to report a lot of runs - bwhaha) :biggrin: