• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Yesterday was my 1st day

TbunnyPa

Overall, my day was not a bad day.

I started in University City at 3pm and went back home at 6:50pm. I had many short rides. But, for my 1st shift, I was happy. I did a few rookie moves, like agreed to wait for a pax that went into the market for like 15 mins. Now, I know to politely decline those offers. Even though, there were surging around me. It was not easy to navigate towards those areas.

I went back out after 10:30pm. My evening was not as good as the day shift. I got a ride that was like 15 mins away only to be cancelled like 5 minutes from the location. Ugh?! Then, my next two trips would not allow me to start the trip. I thought the 1st time was a fluck. The couple gave me $20, probably more than the Uber cost. The next trip had 5 paxs, young guys wanting to get drunk. The trip would not start. This group offered nothing. Restarted my phone after that, and the app worked like a charm. I completed a few more trips and headed home. Now, my last pax was SUPER weird. This was at 1pm. I picked him up from 13th & Lombard. Spoke with me and had small chit chat. Well, 5 mins before getting to the final destination, it sounded like this dude fell asleep. His breathing changed. Well, as I approached the final destination, I spoke up clearly and said, Well, we are here. Okay, sir" Nothing...I turned on my lights and said it again. This dude had a blank stare look at me as I am talking to him. Internally, I am thinking, WTF...So, I said, Hello, we are here! All of the sudden, the dude came out of his trance. He apologized and was like, oh oh yes, this is it. That was a little nerve wrecking so I decided 1am is too late for lone female driver.

I came home and found my stun gun. I will be purchasing pepper stray later as well. Thanks to Buddy or whatever his name was.

Dillanwasx

LOL I can see the headlines now "Uber driver uses stun gun on drunk passenger".

Glad everything went well for you.

I personally have never had any problems with the app but I have heard of that problem on here before.

Cathi

I've had a few problems with the app but not lately. I just used the help feature and entered the start and end locations and support gave me the credit.

I have also had some of those zoned out drunks but if they're not rude or otherwise over the top I don't mind them. One guy passed out in the back seat last night. I was wondering what I would do once I got him to his destination in Manayunk but he miraculously woke up when I stopped and he quietly got out.

If I feel unsafe I would stop driving. There is no way I'm going to put myself in danger by carrying any pepper spray or taser that can easily be turned on me by someone bigger and stronger and behind me!

Last edited:

Limovan

Yeah, nighttime it's crazy. You females out there becareful. College kids are back so more rides with young idiots are in out future..

Chris M

There is a special place in hell for people who make you drive 10+ minutes and cancel. What's even worse is when you arrive, wait 5 minutes call and they say "Oh sorry i got another uber."

Danz Haagen

Overall, my day was not a bad day.

I started in University City at 3pm and went back home at 6:50pm. I had many short rides. But, for my 1st shift, I was happy. I did a few rookie moves, like agreed to wait for a pax that went into the market for like 15 mins. Now, I know to politely decline those offers. Even though, there were surging around me. It was not easy to navigate towards those areas.

I went back out after 10:30pm. My evening was not as good as the day shift. I got a ride that was like 15 mins away only to be cancelled like 5 minutes from the location. Ugh?! Then, my next two trips would not allow me to start the trip. I thought the 1st time was a fluck. The couple gave me $20, probably more than the Uber cost. The next trip had 5 paxs, young guys wanting to get drunk. The trip would not start. This group offered nothing. Restarted my phone after that, and the app worked like a charm. I completed a few more trips and headed home. Now, my last pax was SUPER weird. This was at 1pm. I picked him up from 13th & Lombard. Spoke with me and had small chit chat. Well, 5 mins before getting to the final destination, it sounded like this dude fell asleep. His breathing changed. Well, as I approached the final destination, I spoke up clearly and said, Well, we are here. Okay, sir" Nothing...I turned on my lights and said it again. This dude had a blank stare look at me as I am talking to him. Internally, I am thinking, WTF...So, I said, Hello, we are here! All of the sudden, the dude came out of his trance. He apologized and was like, oh oh yes, this is it. That was a little nerve wrecking so I decided 1am is too late for lone female driver.

I came home and found my stun gun. I will be purchasing pepper stray later as well. Thanks to Buddy or whatever his name was.

i would leave that stun gun at home... or if you think you need to use one, may be this job is not for you ....