Yesterday at Metro Park Station

JerseyBoy911

The parking lot attendant knocks on my window and says "Uber is illegal in Woodbridge Township, don't pick up at the taxi stand, pickup at the drop off area..cops will give you a $1000 ticket here"

I told him, it's illegal in New Jersey too ;-) then showed him my badge " I don't care if you're a cop" (not a cop exactly...)

I knew what I was doing. I don't care either pal... get a life...

Last edited:

DerBundes

...then show him my badge " I don't care if you're a cop"
Don't try that in Hoboken or at EWR... Officer Wilson will tow your car on the spot! Or if ever, dropping in The City.

That "benevolent police" bullshit, many of you display on your windshields now, suction cups and all, will get you towed and fined this side of the river. Couple of idiots did that in The Village, the other day: I warned them about the pumps, 15' on each side, they said "we ain't blocking it, mind your business!"

Well, I followed their advise, went to 'ESSEN, got my lunch and lo & behold on my way back, car was booted by NYPD Traffic and waiting to be towed. Why, Jersey people, WHY?!?!

VISAYA

Don't try that in Hoboken or at EWR... Officer Wilson will tow your car on the spot! Or if ever, dropping in The City.

That "benevolent police" bullshit, many of you display on your windshields now, suction cups and all, will get you towed and fined this side of the river. Couple of idiots did that in The Village, the other day: I warned them about the pumps, 15' on each side, they said "we ain't blocking it, mind your business!"

Well, I followed their advise, went to 'ESSEN, got my lunch and lo & behold on my way back, car was booted by NYPD Traffic and waiting to be towed. Why, Jersey people, WHY?!?!
Don't mess with Officer Wilson aka "Stone".

DerBundes

Don't mess with Officer Wilson aka "Stone".
That's the nicest cat in the entire Hoboken block, always looming the PATH, Sinatra and River. Actually, he's the one who gave me a chance last year and whenever he sees me, smiles and yells "moving up, Miami!!"

Very strict but if y'all behave, he'll let you go with a verbal warning.

VISAYA

That's the nicest cat in the entire Hoboken block, always looming the PATH, Sinatra and River. Actually, he's the one who gave me a chance last year and whenever he sees me, smiles and yells "moving up, Miami!!"

Very strict but if y'all behave, he'll let you go with a verbal warning.
Right! He drove a cab for many years. He understands us. By the way. Call him "Stone" like the wrestler. He's the ultimate fan.

Undermensch

Officer Wilson drove a cab?!?! I'MA ask him and tell yo ass is spreading rumours.
"Yeah man, this guy I met on the Interwebs... No I don't know his name. No I don't know what he looks like. No I don't know what kind of car he drives. Well. Anyway. He said some stuff about you."

JerseyBoy911

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

OK um... I'm not parking illegal in the city and I didn't pull a shield off my dash...what are you talking about?? :rolleyes:

Been to Hoboken been to EWR... see next to the name....says well known member... yea... I didn't just start driving yesterday. :wink:

Skyhakw2472

The parking lot attendant knocks on my window and says "Uber is illegal in Woodbridge Township, don't pick up at the taxi stand, pickup at the drop off area..cops will give you a $1000 ticket here"
Never ever pick up or drop off at Metropark at the Limo and Taxi stand. Did you have a mental lapse in judgment :smiles: Remember we are not a taxi or limo. Always go to the regular drop off and pick up area, nobody bothers you there. I simply either wait in the 20 minute parking lot or if I get the ping on my way there I call the passengers and tell them to just hang a right out of the terminal and walk across the street to the covered area and I will meet them there at the regular pickup and dropoff area. Never had any issues with passengers walking the extra 200 feet, even with suitcase in tow. Many passengers know to go there to begin with, as they know Uber is illegal, even though there are Uber signs at the station. Go figure.

JerseyBoy911

Never ever pick up or drop off at Metropark at the Limo and Taxi stand. Did you have a mental lapse in judgment :smiles: Remember we are not a taxi or limo. Always go to the regular drop off and pick up area, nobody bothers you there. I simply either wait in the 20 minute parking lot or if I get the ping on my way there I call the passengers and tell them to just hang a right out of the terminal and walk across the street to the covered area and I will meet them there at the regular pickup and dropoff area. Never had any issues with passengers walking the extra 200 feet, even with suitcase in tow. Many passengers know to go there to begin with, as they know Uber is illegal, even though there are Uber signs at the station. Go figure.
They got no problem talking that Uber money to post a Sign huh?

I was gonna cancel this guy. He put his pin drop on rt 27...

No lapse. I knew what I was doing... but like this Parking attendent.. I don't care.. lol

Skyhakw2472

They got no problem talking that Uber money to post a Sign huh?

I was gonna cancel this guy. He put his pin drop on rt 27...

No lapse. I knew what I was doing... but like this Parking attendent.. I don't care.. lol
Yeah, they often drop the pin on the tracks and the app picks up either on Rt 27 or some other wacky address. Either way we know the pickup is at the station and I just call to confirm and let them know where to walk to. Mostly minimum fare rides when NJ Transit comes in, but when Amtrak drops off the trip can take you anywhere north or south. Went as far south as Eatontown and as far north as Jefferson.

Let's try and not piss off the taxi peeps over there. They pretty much leave us alone at Metro.

JerseyBoy911

Let's try and not piss off the taxi peeps over there. They pretty much leave us alone at Metro.
Parking attendent......

As I pull away... he is knocking on another window... you think I'm the only Uber @ metro park? LOL

Came back later on in the right lane this time... there was a cop parked there by the taxis lol...

UberSchmuber

Did a few pickups and drop offs in Metro Park. First time saw the signs for livery only area and stopped, ironically enough near an Uber advertising billboard. All the other times went to the regular pickup/drop off area with no problems.

JerseyBoy911

Did a few pickups and drop offs in Metro Park. First time saw the signs for livery only area and stopped, ironically enough near an Uber advertising billboard. All the other times went to the regular pickup/drop off area with no problems.
Next time I go.. "what are you talking about... our sign is right there *points to billboard* duhhh!" Lol

Rayn10

Next time I go.. "what are you talking about... our sign is right there *points to billboard* duhhh!" Lol
Live around the corner from there. Do pickups and and drop offs all the time there. Never had an issue but would love to be asked to move. Biggest ticket they write in iselin is J walking across oak tree road. Give me a break

Roy1969

yea, I've done a couple of pick ups there... agree let's leave the taxi dudes alone there...

uber.duper

Right! He drove a cab for many years. He understands us. By the way. Call him "Stone" like the wrestler. He's the ultimate fan.
Omg I think this must be the guy my passenger told to go f himself last Friday. He was super nice to me by the path, just told me to please pull into the spot next to me while I wait. As I'm doing so, my pax are running up thinking I'm leaving them behind so I kindly explain I was just parking as requested by the officer. Next thing you know the kid yells expletives at the guy. I made eye contact with the cop, put my car in park and proceeded to sit silently while he walked around the car to make the kid eat his words. As we say in Hudson county, boy got sonned.