Yes Sacermento over Saturated

Uber Crack

Author
Hold on a second. I did see surges. They must have been quick and you missed them. I know they've been a lot shorter lately.

NUBER-LE

Friday and Saturday are horrible to drive at night. I stay away from those nights. too many drivers on Friday and Saturday.

Uber_Yota_916

Yesterday was a good day. Are you driving on both platforms? Sac city college was a shit storm about 9pm last night. Los Rios pd screwed up everything.

On that note I drove a lot of under age riders home(holy bowl). I thought they were not allowed to use the platform unless they had their parents set up a new 180 days of change account. Maybe I have been cleared as a driver for the kids? Anyhow it is not my job to screen passengers for age. That is on Uber and Lyft imo.

NUBER-LE

Yesterday was a good day. Are you driving on both platforms? Sac city college was a shit storm about 9pm last night. Los Rios pd screwed up everything.

On that note I drove a lot of under age riders home(holy bowl). I thought they were not allowed to use the platform unless they had their parents set up a new 180 days of change account. Maybe I have been cleared as a driver for the kids? Anyhow it is not my job to screen passengers for age. That is on Uber and Lyft imo.

I drive for UBER only, applied for LYFT 2 months ago and still have not cleared background....

Fri and Sat are hit and miss. Took me 1 friday of sitting for 2 hrs and no pings for me to call it quits. I stick to mornings and evenings weekdays.

UberDiaz

Don't worry rates are going up so you won't need those guarantees anymore. It's going to happen soon but it will be gradual, also i see them putting a cap on drivers like ehat they did with uberblack, so as not to over saturate since uber and lyft will be lucrative or profitable again and drivers will be signing up even more than ever. Question is, how long can you weather the storm? My prediction is that rates will go back to where they were 3 years ago which was around $1.80 a mile for uberx since ppl were paying those prices anyway i dont see them going any higher. Investors don't have infinite money to keep subsidizing driver pay, they want a return on their hundreds of millions that uber used to get a mass amount of new riders. Expect rates to go up for certain but i feel uber will put new rules into place so that only the best drivers will reap the rewards for new and current drivers. No more drivers with poor ratings, No more going to sf anymore, now it will be an option to go there instead of having to go there. If my predictions are right, we will basically be the new taxis of the future until the automated cars are common, but there will still be drivers on the road no doubt maybe just not as many human ones. Good luck and always have a backup plan, Im starting on mines.

Freebyrdie

I respectfully disagree. You will not see Uber rates increase for drivers by any meaningful amount. With up front pricing Uber has given themselves a fat raise while keeping drivers pay the same. Here in Las Vegas surge has also all but gone away. At least for drivers. However Uber still charges premium rates at high demand times, they just keep the icing to themselves.

UberDiaz

I respectfully disagree. You will not see Uber rates increase for drivers by any meaningful amount. With up front pricing Uber has given themselves a fat raise while keeping drivers pay the same. Here in Las Vegas surge has also all but gone away. At least for drivers. However Uber still charges premium rates at high demand times, they just keep the icing to themselves.
It will take time but uber has to raise rates to become more profitable. They will need to do more than that to become profitable because investors want a big return on their investment. Breaking even just wont do, in time it will happen just right now its hard to see because of the rate cuts over the years to gain an even greater market share. Their business plan is unsustainable at this time because drivers pay is being subsidized by investors money. Once the money runs out they will have to raise rates by a significant margin, theres alot of room for rate increases and uber said they know that they have alot of wiggle room to play with. Despite who maybe right or wrong on this issue, uber will have to figure out a way to be profitable by a large margin to investors, because they are keeping this company upright like a boat on water.

UberDiaz

Per mile rate (before Ubers cut) went up to .92 from .86 last Thursday.. 6 cents!
Uber has alot of wiggle room to raise rates incrementally, that sounds like we're on the way up since we couldn't get any lower haha

Per mile rate (before Ubers cut) went up to .92 from .86 last Thursday.. 6 cents!
Uberselect went up a whole 6 cents too lol they are literally raising rates by the pennies

Uber_Yota_916

Those incremental increases might have something to do with the upcoming gas tax and vehicle licensing fee increase. Wait and see the shit storm when gas goes back towards $4.00 a gallon.

UberDiaz

Those incremental increases might have something to do with the upcoming gas tax and vehicle licensing fee increase. Wait and see the shit storm when gas goes back towards $4.00 a gallon.
It's inevitable that gas prices will rise and gas prices will fall it's cyclical. As for the licensing fees well I guess we'll just have to wait and see, prices will have to rise regardless to be profitable to investors