Yes, I'll Wait For You.

XUBERX

Hell nooooooo!!!! i've been humiliating myself doing uber because i ran into a little debt, so thursday morning i get a request at kennedy blvd and 75th st in north bergen, i got to the ping and no people around, ma6be they are coming out, the 2 minutes are gone and pax is getting charge waiting time, around 4 minute 50seconds, i got a call from pax that they will be out in 2 minutes, i said sure no problem, 5 minutes mark i cancel and press no show, it felt so good that only took me 5 minute to make $4 instead of 5 minutes plus travel time to make $3.96 on a local run.
While driving away i was still getting a request from them, nearest uber drver in pax app was 10minute away, lol.....

Kevin7889

You made the right call. They shouldn't order the car unless they're 100% ready. It's called courtesy

XUBERX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will wait if the destination is worth my while. That's why you have to ask if the passenger is contacting you to wait.
I doubt it at this time in the morning there are not too many long distance runs, most people at this time are going back to their homes usually 1 mile away.

newell138

There is no cancellation fee if the driver cancels?? I had an XL request but they had more people than would fit in the car so I canceled after driving 6 minutes to the pick up and another 3-4 minutes waiting for them to come out. I was so pissed I canceled and selected "too many riders" Normally I would have just waited and let them cancel it on their own. I guess that was my mistake.

XUBERX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is no cancellation fee if the driver cancels?? I had an XL request but they had more people than would fit in the car so I canceled after driving 6 minutes to the pick up and another 3-4 minutes waiting for them to come out. I was so pissed I canceled and selected "too many riders" Normally I would have just waited and let them cancel it on their own. I guess that was my mistake.
Wait 5 minutes after you arrived to the pick up point, otherwise you wont get the cancellation fee, the travel time to the pick up point doesnot count towards the 5 minutes.