Yellow Cab Promo

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
IMG_20181021_140402.jpg

Screenshot_20181021-201908.jpg

Saw this in Burien today.

I drove by and looked at the Taxi Ant's face. He looked mortified! Was it a Cabbie training video in the making or is Yellow Cab making a commercial to attract more drivers?

Last edited:

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Idiots, they never could compete with our ridiculous cheap fares
Lol
The cab driver and I made eye contact. He knew I was Uber because he saw my beacon. He looked really embarrassed and like he didn't want to be there. He was not cocky at all.

signal11

ZOOM IN FOLKS!

There's a camera and film crew filming this cab. Its how they film car scenes in movies.

View attachment 268341

View attachment 268342
Pffft, that's how those pansies film car scenes NOW.

Ole Steve McQueen would laugh at their shenanigans. HA HA HA, he would say.

The greatest car chase scene of all time: (Note Steve in the rearview mirror, just to let you know it's him driving.)

K-pax

One thing I always wondered about the Taxi intro. Why is the cab driver driving outside of their lane? They keep swerving into the other lane, going over the solid white line. Was the bridge closed when they filmed this or were they actually swerving around in between two lanes with other cars on the road?

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One thing I always wondered about the Taxi intro. Why is the cab driver driving outside of their lane? They keep swerving into the other lane, going over the solid white line. Was the bridge closed when they filmed this or were they actually swerving around in between two lanes with other cars on the road?
Its standard procedure in (NY at least) to close the streets for movie/tv car scenes. Walking scenes are only blocked off for 1 block and the background is filled with extras. I grew up racing my bicycle down to the city at 3:00am to 6:00 am to watch NYPD Blue, New York Undercover, Law and Order, and Law and Order SVU film most their entire street scenes for the whole season in just 3 to 4 weeks. (weather permitting.) BTW Law and Order SVU was filmed in Jersey for the longest time. Possibly in Taxi, because that promo was shot in early morning, the cab stayed away from the side of the bridge to deflect noise, wind, and shadows on the car as it passed by the bridge supports.

HotUberMess

All NYC taxis drive like this to prevent anyone passing LOL

No but seriously lane drift is a thing in NYC, they drift all over and everyone does it and I have never figured out how they just don’t have accidents all day long.

K-pax

Pffft, that's how those pansies film car scenes NOW.

Ole Steve McQueen would laugh at their shenanigans. HA HA HA, he would say.

The greatest car chase scene of all time: (Note Steve in the rearview mirror, just to let you know it's him driving.)

This guy has em all beat.

SKuber

Funny watched that show religiously in Jr high and highschool... Never noticed!

K-pax

All NYC taxis drive like this to prevent anyone passing LOL

No but seriously lane drift is a thing in NYC, they drift all over and everyone does it and I have never figured out how they just don’t have accidents all day long.
Let me guess, the cops can spot a drunk driver cause they’ the only one staying in their own lane?