Yeah, I'm aware these responses go nowhere.

ANT 7

And now they've changed the driver app in market, so you no longer see the expiry date of any of your documents at a quick glance.

They do send you a reminder 30 days prior to, but still, who at Uber HQ has a @@@@ing clue about anything ? Really now............

waldowainthrop

Anyone reading this who thinks “this guy got away with it, I’ll do that too” should remember that these responses get saved. Any time you vent into a text box, it is recorded and can come back with consequences for you later.

The consequence might never come, or it might come in the form of losing an opportunity to ever do that gig again. My general feeling is that even in semi-anonymous gig work, don’t say anything to customer support that you wouldn’t say to a colleague at a formal job. Insulting people might feel good for a moment, but it accomplishes nothing, and it certainly has the possibility of harming you in the future.

Because I know that people will say “I don’t care”: so why talk to support at all? Why worry about document expiration, or staying active, or ratings, or pay, or any of that stuff? It’s either that someone really cares and that’s why they’re raging about Uber policies, or that they really don’t care and therefore they’ve already quit or made peace with being on the path to deactivation.

I criticize because I think consistency and accuracy is important. Also, I worry that when people demonstrate examples of broadcasting “@@@@ it” to passengers or customer support, they may be suggesting (possibly harmfully) that there is no consequence for venting. In gig work, there is always someone who can end your revenue potential with a remote keystroke. You want to vent? That’s what pseudonymous forums like this one are for.

Last edited:

kdyrpr

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, you're right!

I just receivied this text!

Mark,
We here at UBER take great pride in our customer service.
You're response to us has hurt our feelings.
In the future you can expect the following rides:
  1. Riders who rarely tip
  2. Riders who are only going 2-3 miles to a fast food restuarant
  3. Riders who have been flagged for "hygiene"
  4. Riders who use our service as rides to the emergency room
We here at UBER realize that these rides are essentially 90% of rides regardless of your rating or text response.
Our intention is to demoralize you even more by letting you know how pathetic your "gig" job is.
Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Your Uber Support Team.

Wow, you're right!

I just receivied this text!

Mark,
We here at UBER take great pride in our customer service.
You're response to us has hurt our feelings.
In the future you can expect the following rides:
  1. Riders who rarely tip
  2. Riders who are only going 2-3 miles to a fast food restuarant
  3. Riders who have been flagged for "hygiene"
  4. Riders who use our service as rides to the emergency room
We here at UBER realize that these rides are essentially 90% of rides regardless of your rating or text response.
Our intention is to demoralize you even more by letting you know how pathetic your "gig" job is.
Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Your Uber Support Team.
Is this for real?

New2This

Anyone reading this who thinks “this guy got away with it, I’ll do that too” should remember that these responses get saved. Any time you vent into a text box, it is recorded and can come back with consequences for you later.

The consequence might never come, or it might come in the form of losing an opportunity to ever do that gig again. My general feeling is that even in semi-anonymous gig work, don’t say anything to customer support that you wouldn’t say to a colleague at a formal job. Insulting people might feel good for a moment, but it accomplishes nothing, and it certainly has the possibility of harming you in the future.

Because I know that people will say “I don’t care”: so why talk to support at all? Why worry about document expiration, or staying active, or ratings, or pay, or any of that stuff? It’s either that someone really cares and that’s why they’re raging about Uber policies, or that they really don’t care and therefore they’ve already quit or made peace with being on the path to deactivation.

I criticize because I think consistency and accuracy is important. Also, I worry that when people demonstrate examples of broadcasting “@@@@ it” to passengers or customer support, they may be suggesting (possibly harmfully) that there is no consequence for venting. In gig work, there is always someone who can end your revenue potential with a remote keystroke. You want to vent? That’s what pseudonymous forums like this one are for.
I can guarantee with ontological certitude that unleashing my inner Samuel L Jackson upon Rohit has ZERO repercussions:

20200302_155724.jpg

20190914_205832.jpg

Not only is it cathartic but it is sometimes the only way to get results.

It isn't really personal with Rohit.

Also Rohit's a third-party contractor, not Uber employee. If you went off like this on a blue shirt drone at a Greenlight it would be a different story.

2win

Imagining if all my customer support yellings over the years were aggregated into a report available to the public online what a piece of shit I would feel like.

Fuzzyelvis

I find the number and variety of curse words I send to "support" is directly and positively correlate to the speed with which my issue is resolved.

So I'll keep it up, thanks. It often is the only thing that gets a human to answer.