• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

XL Question and starting next week...a little assistance please

Johnm91z28

So I did some looking around online and have read a lot of posts with advice. I have a 3 row Volvo XC90 so it passes as an XL, i was wondering, is that useful or will I end up just doing a lot of regular runs? I see how many Uber drivers are listed in Wilmington, but it doesn't seem to be a lot of XL. Do you think this will work to my advantage or will I just have to carry around larger crowds and deal with more bullshit for the same money? Also, I live DT, on Water St down by the Federal Court House....is it in my best interest to just sit at home and leave my app on? Sounds like yall do a lot of waiting around and i know DT parking and waiting is a pain in the ass. But if im already home and can just hang out and wait on hits, would that be for the best? If im bored maybe head to Wrightsville, but for the most part I can just hang out at home and take rides? Im disabled so im not working a " real " job, I am available 247. I guess its a blessing and a curse in this situation. Thanks for any help and be safe out their

wallae

So I did some looking around online and have read a lot of posts with advice. I have a 3 row Volvo XC90 so it passes as an XL, i was wondering, is that useful or will I end up just doing a lot of regular runs? I see how many Uber drivers are listed in Wilmington, but it doesn't seem to be a lot of XL. Do you think this will work to my advantage or will I just have to carry around larger crowds and deal with more bullshit for the same money? Also, I live DT, on Water St down by the Federal Court House....is it in my best interest to just sit at home and leave my app on? Sounds like yall do a lot of waiting around and i know DT parking and waiting is a pain in the ass. But if im already home and can just hang out and wait on hits, would that be for the best? If im bored maybe head to Wrightsville, but for the most part I can just hang out at home and take rides? Im disabled so im not working a " real " job, I am available 247. I guess its a blessing and a curse in this situation. Thanks for any help and be safe out their

I just had a horrible night though I didn't accept 3 rides. 2 for distance and 1 just because.
Not much surge on the new app...
That's the thing..hard to count on this.
The amount of drivers can double tomorrow. You expected earnings can be cut in half.

Hanging out can be OK if you can move fast. I do it but the people can cancel if they don't see you moving.

Don't waste too much gas driving around. Cuts into earnings