1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

XL platform to avoid pool?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by rebumath, Nov 16, 2015.

1. rebumath

rebumath

In the West Burbs, have not started driving yet and already thinking of switching to XL to avoid the pool or maybe not driving for Uber.
    My goal is to work weekday mornings 5 to 11 and don't mind waiting awhile between pings, my main concern is being profitable for miles driven including deprecation, wear and tear and so forth. With the airports opening up soon, does XL make sense for a driver only interested in week day morning work?

2. With UberX fares at 60% of Chicago taxi rates, the only thing that makes sense is a 30% increase in UberX fares. Don't hold your breath.

3. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You could get lucky and a family returning from a trip needs the capacity. For what its worth, most airport runs I've made are single riders or occasionally a couple. Only once did I get 3 riders and could not have fit any more luggage.

4. UberBlows

UberBlows

I would say .. Keep your purchase price under 200k and you should be rolling in the dough .. Uber drivers are getting filthy rich - havnt you heard?
    Seriously .. You might want to find a new part time gig lol .. It's bad and getting worse by the week / month
    Hard to stay busy anymore .. Lots of downtime!

5. rebumath

rebumath

Thanks for your responses. More think ing to do...

6. TonyLo

TonyLo

[QUOTE="
    Seriously .. You might want to find a new part time gig lol .. It's bad and getting worse by the week / month
    Hard to stay busy anymore .. Lots of downtime![/QUOTE]

I drove 8 hours today: 6am-10am then 4pm-8pm. 14 trips (2 were surges). Days earnings are $75.01 before gas. Bunch of ****ty $2.77 rides to the train stations once it started drizzling then lots of downtime once the drizzle stopped. I may go back out to catch the Bulls surge but is it worth it for one ride?

7. Mike Morris

Mike Morris

Driving:
    UberX
    I drove 8 hours today: 6am-10am then 4pm-8pm. 14 trips (2 were surges). Days earnings are $75.01 before gas. Bunch of ****ty $2.77 rides to the train stations once it started drizzling then lots of downtime once the drizzle stopped. I may go back out to catch the Bulls surge but is it worth it for one ride?[/QUOTE]

Once the airports are opened up, we'll be able to get longer fares. Biggest question is, will there be enough space allocated to accommodate the 35k Chicagoloand Uber drivers all wanting to making airport runs??

8. I hardly get any XL requests in the weekdays. I used to wake up early on Monday mornings, turn on the app for XL only and no requests for 4 weeks straight.

I'm in the northwest suburbs and mostly doing XL only on Friday and Saturday nights.