Xfinity Center traffic patterns

Smitty in CT

Last night there was a concert (Dead & Co.) at the Xfinity in Hartford, I get a ping (no surge, yet) and drive right into the "Pick-Up" area in the Restaurant Depot parking lot, quick trip to the Hampton Inn in East Hartford. As soon as I drop off I get another ping back at the Xfinity (still no surge), this ride was out to West Hartford... dropped them off, and as I'm heading back to Hartford the map is surging like crazy, I get a ping for the "pick-up" area again... Except now the police have all roads going "in" blocked off... Managed to meet the customer "outside the fence" and got a decent fare up to Windsor Locks with the surge...

My question is, is there a way to manage the customers, to get the to meet at a more convenient place when the police have all the roads blocked off, or, is there an easier way into the theater??

Chuck Morris

Any pup I do for events, I set up in a location where I can get client out quickly . Last night I got one as the show got out and they had temple st plugged in, so that was well away from event. recomend McDonald's or that corner over there.

borrowedtune

Restaurant Depot is supposed to be our designated pick up spot as per uber's deal with the venue. However, last night, as with most concerts so far this summer, our CT team was a no-show.

I logged off early last night. Glad to hear it surged. I've only seen DMB surge significantly so far... I guess country fans just drive drunk.

And yeah... as Chuck said, in that situation, I would try to come in Jennings side and go somewhere around the Mobile/DD/McDonalds.

Last edited:

JaniceCT

Once th cops stop cars from coming in, people are,supposed to walk to mcdonalds/ car max. Uber drivers are allowed to wait at the base of the car max sign. Whenever I bring people to a show I tell them this. I rarely pick up at those anymore due to the traffic

Beerman

Come in from 91 North Jennings Rd. exit. Take a right and a right. Parking in Mercides and/or Mini Cooper dealership or in back of Enterprise. Direct them to u. Then u go back the way u came.

JaniceCT

Come in from 91 North Jennings Rd. exit. Take a right and a right. Parking in Mercides and/or Mini Cooper dealership or in back of Enterprise. Direct them to u. Then u go back the way u came.
Better yet don't go to concerts when they're getting out. Better off staying near the bar scene. Let the newbies do concerts

Beerman

Better yet don't go to concerts when they're getting out. Better off staying near the bar scene. Let the newbies do concerts
Your reputation is spot on Janice. If u had a clue u would notice that person seems to be a "newbie". Just because u don't like doing specific types of rides or areas doesn't mean u should tell people not to do what they want to do. If u had a clue you would realize how much money can me maid off events like that with large surges. U can give all the advice u want but u don't need to put other people down while doing so.

JaniceCT

Your reputation is spot on Janice. If u had a clue u would notice that person seems to be a "newbie". Just because u don't like doing specific types of rides or areas doesn't mean u should tell people not to do what they want to do. If u had a clue you would realize how much money can me maid off events like that with large surges. U can give all the advice u want but u don't need to put other people down while doing so.
my advice is based on experience, especially that venue. have fun waiting for the people to find you, then wait even longer for their friend, then fight your way out of there just to take them to the mariott or pigs eye pub for a min fare

as for the surge. if the concert triggers a one, the surge area usually covers a major portion of hartford. drive nearby but far enough away and you may still pick up a surge ride but not have to deal with concert traffic

Beerman

my advice is based on experience, especially that venue. have fun waiting for the people to find you, then wait even longer for their friend, then fight your way out of there just to take them to the mariott or pigs eye pub for a min fare

as for the surge. if the concert triggers a one, the surge area usually covers a major portion of hartford. drive nearby but far enough away and you may still pick up a surge ride but not have to deal with concert traffic
Or if u know how to navigate the the best and quickest route in and out u will be okay. That's why I replied to the initial question on the thread.

Beerman

Restaurant Depot is supposed to be our designated pick up spot as per uber's deal with the venue. However, last night, as with most concerts so far this summer, our CT team was a no-show.

I logged off early last night. Glad to hear it surged. I've only seen DMB surge significantly so far... I guess country fans just drive drunk.

And yeah... as Chuck said, in that situation, I would try to come in Jennings side and go somewhere around the Mobile/DD/McDonalds.
Best spot is Mercedes dealership or behind Enterprise across Mercedes dealership. McDonald's is a shit show. Stay in contact with the pax so they don't get mad and cancel.