Xchange will stop offering new leases after Oct 6th

THE MAN!

Not sure the difference it will make? At least not in near future? Uber will fill in with rentals or shorter term leases through Enterprise, etc. Just stops there bleeding of another failed Uber program/policy!

Jo3030

Even though you'd THINK this would allow some 'Team Camry" members to weed out,
My guess is ... it won't.
It will take 6-12 months to weed out the folks that realize this is a big money loser

New2This

Uber will fill in with rentals or shorter term leases through Enterprise, etc.

I believe Enterprise is discontinuing their Uber rentals.

Apparently no one at Enterprise realized that Uber drivers would be harder on cars than your average renters, as well as put a shitload of miles on the cars. Who'd have thought that? :eek:

Another Uber Driver

Those who do not make the lease payments will lose the cars. Those who somehow manage to make them will see their contract sold.

Another Uber Driver

Fewer drivers actually making their lease payments means higher earnings for whoever buys these contracts.

how do you know...?

1. If you do not make the lease payments, you lose the car. Every lease contract that I ever have seen for any sort of property or tangible assets specifically states that if you do not pay, you lose the property or control thereof.

2. Uber is discontinuing the leases because it is not worth their while. There have been numerous stories out there about drivers' not making the lease payments. Many of them have not made said payments because lower rates really do not mean higher earnings for Uber's partners. Uber just wants to get out of the whole thing. This is obvious. If the performing lease contracts are few in number, it is not worth it for Uber to manage them. It takes money, personnel and other assets away from pursuits that pay much better. Some large operation that can fold these leases into their current operation without taking on additional personnel or a new company that is looking for some business would be much better equipped to deal with this. Uber sells the remaining contacts that actually are performing for pennies on the dollar and takes the tax write off. ..........................Basic business.........................

New2This

Lyft may not care but the Financing Co will REPO your car.It May take a few days but they will came.

If he took the GPS tracker out and is driving all the time not much they can do

I don't necessarily endorse what he's doing but I can understand it

roadman

Taking the GPS tracker out is considered breach of lease
They can go ahead and repossess whenever they want.

Lyft may not care but the Financing Co will REPO your car.It May take a few days but they will came.
they already came, about 11 months ago.

I believe Enterprise is discontinuing their Uber rentals.

Apparently no one at Enterprise realized that Uber drivers would be harder on cars than your average renters, as well as put a shitload of miles on the cars. Who'd have thought that? :eek:
They must have been looking at the same numbers Uber was and misjudged.