• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Xchange Leasing now in Seattle

BostonTaxiDriver

Why is it better than Breeze? Because no more mileage restriction? That truly is good. Any other advantages?

I read that you can return Breeze after one month with two weeks' notice without penalty -- but saw someone mention somewhere there is a "small" fee of some type, after all. Hmmm...who really knows?

I wonder if Xchabge would also charge a small fee when returning the car, though it may be a hidden charge. Double check, for sure.

That maximum mileage of 600 weekly through Breeze is ridiculous.

MattyMikey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've actually checked. So the disposition fee if you want to return the XChange Lease after giving two weeks notice (similar to Breeze) is the $250 that you paid initially as the deposit to get the car. So you're paying the disposition fee up front. However with Breeze you pay them $250 to join the program. So it's a wash there. However with XChange you pick the car to lease which will not be a Prius. And it can be used. Also they include all basic maintenance (oil changes, tire rotations, air filters, etc) the entire time. And no mileage restriction. And payment for a $20,000 car is only about $130-$140 a week. Can be closer to $100 a week if you more around the $14,000 range. Much cheaper than Breeze. Also with XChange you can own or buy the car at end of lease for not much whereas with the Breeze really not getting any equity it is more like a rental.

Nick Starr

Do they say how much you will owe on the vehicle at the end of the lease anywhere? I can't seem to find this information anywhere at all...

Mr.Schecky

I've actually checked. So the disposition fee if you want to return the XChange Lease after giving two weeks notice (similar to Breeze) is the $250 that you paid initially as the deposit to get the car. So you're paying the disposition fee up front. However with Breeze you pay them $250 to join the program. So it's a wash there. However with XChange you pick the car to lease which will not be a Prius. And it can be used. Also they include all basic maintenance (oil changes, tire rotations, air filters, etc) the entire time. And no mileage restriction. And payment for a $20,000 car is only about $130-$140 a week. Can be closer to $100 a week if you more around the $14,000 range. Much cheaper than Breeze. Also with XChange you can own or buy the car at end of lease for not much whereas with the Breeze really not getting any equity it is more like a rental.
Do you know any Seattle area dealers that have the XChange program? I've already created my account but there's no way to contact Uber by phone to ask car questions. Actually, listening to their voice mail message stating why they don't accept calls leaves a bad taste in my mouth from square one. I'm pretty clear on what cars fit in each class as written by a third party. Again though, it's like Uber holds the black box of definitive rules. Hence the reason I'd like to talk to a dealer and get a car squared away before the hard hit on my credit report for something I may not do unless I get the car I want. If there is a way to private message people here, that response is fine too... by anyone who knows of a Seattle area Xchange dealer. Thanks!

MattyMikey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ford of Kirkland. Call and ask for Scott Creason. He is the manager of the program. Cool guy. Tell him Mike in Fishers referred you.

Yes I got the car and it is much quicker than Breeze (and cheaper).

And you owe nothing at the end of the lease. The $250 you pay as deposit when you pick up vehicle is actually the disposition fee at the end but you prepay it.