• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Xchange Lease Buyout

New2This

Anyone else doing Xchange Lease get a 'survey' seeing if you want to buy out your lease?

Part of me wants to if they'll negotiate. Part of me wants to drive the living shit out of it, rack up even more miles, then turn it back with a kajillion miles on it so that they take a bigger bath on it.

New2This

Lol I'd go with the 2nd option. It's not like they gave you a brand new car to begin with. Let them have to scrap it once it hits 300,000+
True. I'll see if they negotiate. If so, cool. If not back it goes at some point.

LowIQCrazyMika

True. I'll see if they negotiate. If so, cool. If not back it goes at some point.
How much would you negotiate
And what's the current value of the car according to bluebook

I have a 2016 Camry from Xchange and didn't get anything.
I might get one tomorrow tho

Fast Times @ UBER

How much would you negotiate
And what's the current value of the car according to bluebook

I have a 2016 Camry from Xchange and didn't get anything.
I might get one tomorrow tho
Keep in mind, many dealers use the Black Book for their valuations. Quite a bit different than the consumer price guides that you and I and most everyone else would use for a private sale.

Another Uber Driver

This is simply part of Uber's plan to get out of the leasing business. Once they get the numbers down to a low enough level with only performing leases, they will sell the contract to someone else. Odds are that there are too many non-performing leases out there as well as simply too many performing leases for anyone to be interested.

Jo3030

Drive the daylights out of it and return it w/ 300k is my vote.

This is simply part of Uber's plan to get out of the leasing business. Once they get the numbers down to a low enough level with only performing leases, they will sell the contract to someone else. Odds are that there are too many non-performing leases out there as well as simply too many performing leases for anyone to be interested.
They were unable to sell the heaping pile of doodoo to anyone before.
So perhaps you are right.

Mike Strom

Suggestion.. have 2017 Camry. 2 accident. they offer me $10000.00 to buy. lease end about $21000.00
what are the best option ?

Jo3030

Suggestion.. have 2017 camry. 2 accident. they offer me $10000.00 to buy. lease end about $210000.00
what are the best option ?
Are you Team Camry or not?
This determines my answer

Also, that's a very expensive Camry at $210,000.
I say give it back based on that.

New2This

Got the email.
Did they offer you a buyout?

Go ferris bueller and put it up on blocks with the gas pedal down lol
I told Jo3030 he should've gotten a brand spanking new Camry with 0 miles on it. We could take turns driving laps around the Beltway, or drive back and forth to Seattle a few times then bring it back after 30 with like 20,000 miles. The depreciation hit for a brand new Camry would be a nice middle finger to Uber.

Tars Tarkas

Did they offer you a buyout?

I told Jo3030 he should've gotten a brand spanking new Camry with 0 miles on it. We could take turns driving laps around the Beltway, or drive back and forth to Seattle a few times then bring it back after 30 with like 20,000 miles. The depreciation hit for a brand new Camry would be a nice middle finger to Uber.
Yes. It was very specific to me and the car I've leased. Not generic.

They suggested, or maybe offered, as "cash price" a reasonable price from what I could tell looking it up on Blue Book (how else could I evaluate it?). It was around the "Trade In" value BB cites and below the "Sell to Private" figure. But there are variables to the level of "trim" I've got and the general condition; however, those variable don't seem to swing the value much, anyway.

I declined but stated my reason as "I would need help financing" just to see what might result from that and suggest they get back to me about it.

I don't really want to own the damn thing although, if I think I'm going to drive it another few months, it'd be cheaper to buy it. Given a choice, I'd rather own something else, something fun to drive, more comfortable, and damn the mileage and gas efficiency.

Last edited: