1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Xchange Lease Buyout

Discussion in 'Washington DC' started by New2This, Oct 2, 2017.

1. New2This

New2This

Anyone else doing Xchange Lease get a 'survey' seeing if you want to buy out your lease?

Part of me wants to if they'll negotiate. Part of me wants to drive the living **** out of it, rack up even more miles, then turn it back with a kajillion miles on it so that they take a bigger bath on it.

2. 3.75

Lol I'd go with the 2nd option. It's not like they gave you a brand new car to begin with. Let them have to scrap it once it hits 300,000+

loulou18 and New2This like this.
  3. New2This

New2This

True. I'll see if they negotiate. If so, cool. If not back it goes at some point.

4. I would low ball them and then flip it. They are trying to head off and get in front of a serious inventory problem. You have nothing to lose. But they do....

LadyDi and New2This like this.
  5. LowIQCrazyMika

LowIQCrazyMika

How much would you negotiate
    And what's the current value of the car according to bluebook

I have a 2016 Camry from Xchange and didn't get anything.
    I might get one tomorrow tho

6. Keep in mind, many dealers use the Black Book for their valuations. Quite a bit different than the consumer price guides that you and I and most everyone else would use for a private sale.

7. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    This is simply part of Uber's plan to get out of the leasing business. Once they get the numbers down to a low enough level with only performing leases, they will sell the contract to someone else. Odds are that there are too many non-performing leases out there as well as simply too many performing leases for anyone to be interested.

SOUFSIDE and Jo3030 like this.
  8. Zdriver19

Zdriver19

What's the weekly payment on a 2016 Camry?

9. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas

Driving:
    UberX
    Got the email.

10. Xchange doesn't seem worthwhile for anyone so its probably worth looking at.

11. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Drive the daylights out of it and return it w/ 300k is my vote.

They were unable to sell the heaping pile of doodoo to anyone before.
    So perhaps you are right.

12. Mike Strom

Mike Strom

Suggestion.. have 2017 Camry. 2 accident. they offer me $10000.00 to buy. lease end about $21000.00
    what are the best option ?

13. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Are you Team Camry or not?
    This determines my answer

Also, that's a very expensive Camry at $210,000.
    I say give it back based on that.

14. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Go ferris bueller and put it up on blocks with the gas pedal down lol

15. New2This

New2This

Did they offer you a buyout?

I told Jo3030Jo3030 he should've gotten a brand spanking new Camry with 0 miles on it. We could take turns driving laps around the Beltway, or drive back and forth to Seattle a few times then bring it back after 30 with like 20,000 miles. The depreciation hit for a brand new Camry would be a nice middle finger to Uber.

koyotemohn and Jo3030 like this.
  16. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes. It was very specific to me and the car I've leased. Not generic.

They suggested, or maybe offered, as "cash price" a reasonable price from what I could tell looking it up on Blue Book (how else could I evaluate it?). It was around the "Trade In" value BB cites and below the "Sell to Private" figure. But there are variables to the level of "trim" I've got and the general condition; however, those variable don't seem to swing the value much, anyway.

I declined but stated my reason as "I would need help financing" just to see what might result from that and suggest they get back to me about it.

I don't really want to own the damn thing although, if I think I'm going to drive it another few months, it'd be cheaper to buy it. Given a choice, I'd rather own something else, something fun to drive, more comfortable, and damn the mileage and gas efficiency.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  17. LowIQCrazyMika

LowIQCrazyMika

180 which is high

18. Zdriver19

Zdriver19

That's high. Amounts to $780 monthly. You can buy for cheaper payment.

WaveRunner1 likes this.
  19. 3.75

Damn. That's pretty bad.

You would think with absurd prices like that, Uber would have made a killing on the leases.

Brandon0315 likes this.
  20. LowIQCrazyMika

LowIQCrazyMika

Yup, if offered tho, I would negotiate a lower payment amount, but doubtful that I could do it.
    Not a buyout