1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Xchange Dealer Ratings

Discussion in 'Stories' started by elelegido, Sep 5, 2015.

1. elelegido

elelegido

I think we need a place for drivers to rate their experiences with the dealers involved in the Xchange program in order to help other drivers cut through the inevitable dealer BS. Remember we're dealing with car salesmen here, some of whom will be, to put it politely, ethically challenged.

I'll start with my experience with Toyota of Walnut Creek, and the others I went to beforehand, but first some background:

The dealers make more money pushing new vehicles. They make money on the sale, obviously, but they also make money from the factory incentives they receive from the manufacturer on the sale of new vehicles. So they will, from what I've experienced and seen here, always try to push Uber drivers into new cars. Some claim that they have no used cars available even when they do have used cars that qualify.

One dealer let slip that the deal they have with Uber is that they can only charge Xchange 105% of book value of each used car. He didn't specify which "book" that was, but if you've ever compared KBB values against dealer prices for used cars, you'd see that 105% of book isn't that attractive to them compared with what they would sell the vehicle to the general public for.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  2. elelegido

elelegido

Steven's Creek Toyota
    4202 Stevens Creek Blvd, San Jose, CA 95129
    Ask about the Uber Program
    (888) 249-8994

These were the first guys I tried. They said they had no used vehicles available. They would only lease Prius C, Corolla or Yaris. Very pushy salesmen, very unpleasant to deal with.

Fremont Chevrolet
    5850 Cushing Parkway, Fremont, CA 94538
    Parwez Faizi
    (888) 234-5561

Spoke to this guy on the phone. No used cars available; will only lease base Cruze

Annie Hartz
    (888) 337-9980
    SoCal Penske of Cerritos (Toyota, Hyundai, Chevrolet)
    18605 Studebaker Rd.
    Cerritos, CA 90703

Could not reach this person by phone; always unavailable, did not return any phone calls.

Toyota of Walnut Creek
    2100 North Broadway, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
    Don Davis
    (888) 233-0380

These are the guys I eventually leased through. They pushed for a new car sale, which worked anyway as I wanted a new Prius C. They said that there were no used cars available but when there was a delay leasing the Prius, some used cars "magically" became available. This dealer buys used stock (2013-14 Hyundai Elantras) from car rental agencies such as Hertz and Enterprise for the Xchange program. He said they cost around $115 per week.

This dealer generally was fairly difficult to deal with, does not return phone calls and was slow at dealing with the problems that came up with the lease. Hard work, but I did eventually manage to get a car from them.