xchange car dies????

Vick Fontaine

Has anyone dealt with an Xchange car going chest up while in lease ( Blown motor or what ever )?
Do they switch it out or do you return it without being able to get another one?
Thanks

elelegido

Has anyone dealt with an Xchange car going chest up while in lease ( Blown motor or what ever )?
Do they switch it out or do you return it without being able to get another one?
Thanks
I was wondering that too. My Prius started telling me that its cooling system wasn't working properly.

I can't see anything in the contract that specifies who is liable for repairs to the vehicle, nor that any required mechanical repairs will be charged to the driver at end of lease. If the contract is indeed silent on this, then it should be just a matter of giving them the two weeks' notice, towing the car back to the dealer and handing back the keys.

Vick Fontaine

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
From what I understand you are only allowed to return once before the lease terms expire. after that you no longer qualify for the program.

elelegido

From what I understand you are only allowed to return once before the lease terms expire. after that you no longer qualify for the program.
Yes, correct. From their email to me on returning it:

After you return the vehicle, you will not qualify for another lease through the program.

Thank you!
The Xchange Leasing Team

Vick Fontaine

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
hmmm....... If you don't mind me asking did you do the exchange here in Seattle? if so where did you go and how was the experience?

elelegido

I did it in the SF Bay Area. The lease was ok; a few balls ups from Uber along the way (right hand doesn't know what left is doing) but nothing out of the ordinary for them and nothing that wasn't resolved.

I am due to give the car back next week. After 50,000 miles, the car now needs tires. A guy at Xchange told me by phone that I won't be charged for them; they just want the car back in one piece. The contract says they can charge for worn tires, so who knows. Guess I'll find out sooner or later.

backstreets-trans

I was wondering that too. My Prius started telling me that its cooling system wasn't working properly.

I can't see anything in the contract that specifies who is liable for repairs to the vehicle, nor that any required mechanical repairs will be charged to the driver at end of lease. If the contract is indeed silent on this, then it should be just a matter of giving them the two weeks' notice, towing the car back to the dealer and handing back the keys.
If it's the hybrid cooling performance light you just have to clean the air vent by back passenger seat and fan in back trunk. There is a great you tube video.

elelegido

Are the payments worth it?
Depends on the driver and on your market. If you're a full time driver and intend to hammer the crap out of the car (50,000, 60,000 miles etc per year) in a market that's still relatively strong then it's not too bad. If you're only going to Uber a few hours a week somewhere like San Diego or other smaller, weak demand market then absolutely not.

elelegido

If it's the hybrid cooling performance light you just have to clean the air vent by back passenger seat and fan in back trunk. There is a great you tube video.
I figured a pax had probably stuffed a Kleenex into it or something; couldn't find the vent though.