• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE
Inshur

Wyll Lyft ever come to London?

HvyGear

So wyll lyft ever come to London? I know there was some meeting a few months to a year ago. I just got a feeling they could do well here.

I believe drivers need an alternative.

I wanted to joim Bounce, but their sign up process was long and confusing.

I think Ubers success in acquiring drivers also has to do with their easy joining process.

London UberExec Driver

A number of apps have came and gone since Uber appeared. I reckon it will take a while before a competitor manages to get in.

As a rider, most will turn to Uber, as they're cheap enough, with availability on every corner.

When Uber doesn't work either from the pax view (ie the app doesn't work on their phone), or the Uber app is down, that's when they start looking at alternatives, ie Hailo or Bounce. I had a number of passengers using these when they can't get an Uber, which suggests that Uber is often their first choice.

HvyGear

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You are right.

My idea was a d-day launch.

Sign up drivers beforehand. But not go live till a certain d-day. Then insentivise all drivers to switch off Uber and turn on any said rival app on d-day.

All the while create pax hype on the lead up to d-day.

LYFT DownUnder

So wyll lyft ever come to London? I know there was some meeting a few months to a year ago. I just got a feeling they could do well here.
I don't know about London, but I sure hope Lyft wyll come to Australia.

Uber is the only TNC in town, sadly. Aussie drivers need an alternative too.

pingpongman

Lyft came to london last October with a view to launching their services Here, But Were Told By the legislators their ride sharing facilities would not be approved here, and that also TFL is not willing to issue any new licences to new app -based operators, at least until these so - called issues surrounding these apps are resolved, which is a shame, not least because it'd also keep uber in check, but. These are just temporary measures, and we've definitely not seen the last of Lyft

pingpongman

There is also Transdev, who thru their acquired subsidiary Green Tomato, has recently soft - launched Green Tomato Lite, an identical service to uber X with the same rates, but you also have acces to their pre booked account service, which has good rates, but as I said it's still embryonic and will take long time to establish, if it ever does

igor l

Lyft came to london last October with a view to launching their services Here, But Were Told By the legislators their ride sharing facilities would not be approved here, and that also TFL is not willing to issue any new licences to new app -based operators, at least until these so - called issues surrounding these apps are resolved, which is a shame, not least because it'd also keep uber in check, but. These are just temporary measures, and we've definitely not seen the last of Lyft
imagine take 2-3 random drunks inside your car and if they start arguing or figting. Nothing else just join the fight and say they started ;d

HvyGear

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
WTF? So TfL are giving a free pass to Uber to become a monopoly?