WTH is with Austin?

Ws032

I know this isnt a new thread and that there are hundreds probably but so had to work out and between the posts that have nothing to do with the subject, but why was Uber ended in Austin, Tx? Is this something that was decided by the city itself or the state? Im in College Station and just started about 3 weeks ago and I LOVE this job. Woud hate for it to end.

Another Uber Driver

If you are a TL;dr guy:

Austin City Council wanted Uber and Lyft drivers fingerprinted, subjected to Law Enforcement background checks and to comply with a few other things with which cab and limousine drivers must comply. Uber and Lyft did not like that. They demanded a plebiscite. They got their plebiscite. They spent eight million dollars trying to buy the results of that plebiscite. They lost. Crybabies Uber and Lyft picked up their ball and went home. There are alternative TNCs in Austin. They will help you comply with the requirements.

Crybabies Uber and Lyft stated that they could not compete under those conditions. ENGLISH TRANSLATION: Uber and Lyft can not compete in a fair marketplace.

tohunt4me

I know this isnt a new thread and that there are hundreds probably but so had to work out and between the posts that have nothing to do with the subject, but why was Uber ended in Austin, Tx? Is this something that was decided by the city itself or the state? Im in College Station and just started about 3 weeks ago and I LOVE this job. Woud hate for it to end.
Stay in touch.

We want to hear how you are doing every month !

Love Uber.