1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

WTF!?

Discussion in 'New Orleans' started by Bmfl, Sep 12, 2015.

1. I'm from baton Rouge and moved to Metairie back in May and started driving when Uber started here. I got in a wreck on June 21st while ubering. It took Uber's insurance 6 weeks to get things straight and get me paid. The company is in Virginia and adjusters here and never dealt with it before, etc.... Anyways, I finally got car and started driving again a few weeks ago. Everything was good even tho there is way less money to be made. However this week I logged on and never got rides, last night and tonight as well. I finally realized I was logged in but not on the rider app as available. But when I went home it came back on. After a bunch of emails to support with them telling me to reset and all that jazz I already knew to do, I finally got an email saying after reviewing my account they saw that i was only permitted to drive in Jefferson parish but she didn't give a reason. I don't know what's going on. I'm pissed and they won't answer why. I have a 4.9 rating so I don't understand it unless there is some new law I don't know about. Please let me know if I missed something or if any if you are having similar issues. I'm not going to drive illegally in Jefferson and rack up tickets.

2. Sam4Uber

Sam4Uber

Trust me not working in Jefferson is a good choice. No money there and you don't wanna get busted like me, $2k in fines. There is no money in Jefferson for UberX, and so many drivers in New Orleans the good money is depleted. Its not worth it !

3. DenUber

DenUber

Do you have your brake tag? I moved here from Chicago and was told that after getting another background check and insurance etc that I was able to start driving. Started off doing some pick ups at the airport, but couldn't understand why I wasn't getting any other requests Finally went to office and was told that I needed my brake tag to drive in Orleans Parish.

4. WHAT YEAR IS YOUR CAR ?