Wrong address for pick up in apps by rider and Gave very low rating after trip.

max888

Today i had request from rider and i picked up the request. I navigate to that address from my cell phone to reach there within expected time. When i reached at the pick up location as mentioned on uber apps, she called me and told me and pretend that she is knowing about the wrong address. She gave me address of airport terminal which is 4 mile from that pick up location. it took me 10 more minutes to get there. Obviously, i am late 10 min due to wrong address by her. Once the trip was finished, i got rating from her like 1. This was my 4th rider and my ratings goes below 4 because of her.

Is rating system sufficient to cover all issues?
How can we contact uber support?

I am really disappointed by my rider as i already gave her 5 star.

Anyway, Uber should have good complain and rating system/

Thaks

OCDodgerFan

On a related note, do passengers have the option to rate their drivers at a later time? It seems unfair that we MUST rate the passengers BEFORE going back online for the next ride, as sometimes passengers can see how we rate them on the spot.

yassir

Do not stress too much about ratings they will become irrelevant the longer you drive. It's not like driver who keep a good rating gets paid more. People will give you a bad rating even if you do everything right. It's just how things are. And just an advice for next time, if somebody puts the wrong adress, go to the adress you received, wait there for 5 minutes, and cancel the trip and get your cancelation fee. Some riders are just not worth the hassle.

CommanderXL

On a related note, do passengers have the option to rate their drivers at a later time? It seems unfair that we MUST rate the passengers BEFORE going back online for the next ride, as sometimes passengers can see how we rate them on the spot.
Yes, riders can rate drivers anytime (or not at all) after a trip AND they even have the option of changing the rating later on. Drivers do not.

Geez. Cancel after you arrived at the "wrong address." I would have cancelled, picked up the cancellation fee, went offline for two minutes (during which time the PAX would have requested someone else), and then went back online. Sure, you might miss a good fare, but you would also not have received the poor rating.

max888

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for advise.
Previously i was worried about my ratings. if it goes down below 4.0, i will get less number of ride.
Thanks for support.

cls225

Yup. Pls remember "newbies" do not get trained at all re: ins and outs of the screwber process. I had the same exact situation, got there, dude was yelling at me cuz he was Not where the pin was. Talk about dead miles for 5.00 and screwber took 50% left me with 2.50. I guess by screwber standard's I made out. (insert major eye roll) then my rating went down. That day I got screwbered real good. (still rubbing my butt from the pain)...main point is: newbers do NOT know the how too's. I didn't know nothing till I found this site. A lot have helped me here. Sadly, I don't need the help no more cuz I discovered ubernomics and at these gas prices, forget about it.
I come for the entertainment.

Stephen

uberphotog03 is right, get there, hit arrived, wait 5, then cancel as a no show. If you are driving X, you get the $4.00 cancellation fee and go on to something else. Once they screw up it is you who are driving free miles to get to them and you they will take it out on, just not worth it!
THIS! I only pick up away from the pin if it's nearby (<5 min). I also make it clear that UBER sent me to where THEY dropped the pin. Whether or not I give them five stars depends on my mood and theirs when we finally connect.

Driver100

If you arrive at the Uber iphone map destination, wait 10 minutes, no rider shows, you cancel as rider "no show"-
does the rider get to rate you? Can they complain to Uber, e.g. I was on the next block and saw them drive off, etc.?

Disgusted Driver

They can always complain but so what. No need to wait for 10!! Wait for 5, cancel as no show and no one can rate a cancelled trip so you are good to go. If for some reason you don't get credit for the cancel or they take it away later, write in and protest, I've always gotten them back even when the pax makes up a bs story to get it waived. Keep in mind that they can look and see where you were and where the request was so don't try to scam it.

Disgusted Driver

What about cancel trip, and then go offline for a few minutes while repositioning to another location?
That's fine, I don't usually bother, if I get a rerequest right away at the same address I just don't accept it, I sure am not going to pick them up after I've cancelled on them because they are going to take it out on you in the ratings..

Meh!

Actually I have changed a rider's rating after completing another ride. I just wrote to partner support and explained why and asked to revise the rating down to a 1 and they said they would do that.

rocksteady

uberphotog03 is right, get there, hit arrived, wait 5, then cancel as a no show. If you are driving X, you get the $4.00 cancellation fee and go on to something else. Once they screw up it is you who are driving free miles to get to them and you they will take it out on, just not worth it!
If they call you while waiting at the wrong address do you answer? If so, what do you say. For me, after blaming the app they give me the real address and ask if I can come get them there. If I haven't already been waiting more than a few minutes and if it's not very far I'll agree but automatic two star deduction. Three star deduction if they act annoyed by it all and/or tell me they're waiting and are wondering where I'm at (check you're phone you idiot!). It seems the other options are to lie that you'll come get them, wait the rest of 5 minutes and cancel or just not answer their call/text and cancel after 5. Either of those I see them complaining to uber and getting their hardly earned money back. What should happen is Uber fix the app to make the rider confirm their location along with a warning that if it's not in the right spot it's their fault and they'll be charged a misplaced pin fee. If they cancel after the driver's arrived to the wrong address they get the same fee. This would quickly solve the misplaced pick up pin problem. The passenger should also be charged if they cancel before arrival after 5 minutes when the driver has been driving that long to get to the pickup address. It's happened a few times where I've been driving to the pickup that's 5 or more minutes away (and away from the high demand area) and they cancel before I get there. Chaps my hide. Who eats that cost? Me

Disgusted Driver

If they call you while waiting at the wrong address do you answer? If so, what do you say. For me, after blaming the app they give me the real address and ask if I can come get them there. If I haven't already been waiting more than a few minutes and if it's not very far I'll agree but automatic two star deduction. Three star deduction if they act annoyed by it all and/or tell me they're waiting and are wondering where I'm at (check you're phone you idiot!). It seems the other options are to lie that you'll come get them, wait the rest of 5 minutes and cancel or just not answer their call/text and cancel after 5. Either of those I see them complaining to uber and getting their hardly earned money back. What should happen is Uber fix the app to make the rider confirm their location along with a warning that if it's not in the right spot it's their fault and they'll be charged a misplaced pin fee. If they cancel after the driver's arrived to the wrong address they get the same fee. This would quickly solve the misplaced pick up pin problem. The passenger should also be charged if they cancel before arrival after 5 minutes when the driver has been driving that long to get to the pickup address. It's happened a few times where I've been driving to the pickup that's 5 or more minutes away (and away from the high demand area) and they cancel before I get there. Chaps my hide. Who eats that cost? Me
If they call me and they are a block or two away, I'll come get them. I always use neutral language like "the app had your location as ..." to avoid blaming them but let them know I'm not a screwup. If they have an attitude or in any way sound annoyed or impatient, there is no way I'm getting them. If they are further away, I try to put it on them, "you need to cancel and request another Uber at the correct location." (after 5 minutes have expired). When they cancel, I get paid and am off to the next ride, otherwise I wait 5 after I arrived and cancel as no show. The logs speak for themselves, if the pax complains and the CSR checks, I'm at the pin waiting 5 so I get paid.

You are supposed to get paid if the pax cancels after 5 minutes as long as you are within 5 minutes of the ETA. You need to make sure it's a full 5, and complain to Uber to get paid if they don't give it to you automatically. Anything less than 5 and you are out of luck. Pisses me off too when I get 2 of those in a row and lose a half hour for nothing.

WiseAssGamer

Had that happen today, I get a request in the Stony Brook, NY area. I get to the location where she requested, and it's road in a dense forest, thinking she is coming off a hike, I call her. She tells me she's at Target, 4 miles away. I'll called her up again, I told her to either update your location or cancel the trip because you're being charged wait time. She cancels and I'm like whatever. But I start driving towards that Target anyway, just in case. Sure enough, a request comes in and it's her. I pull over and text her to stay where she is, and I end up picking her up. I don't know what kind of rating I'm going to get, but I'll say make sure you have your gps location on your phone on.

Stephen

Had that happen today, I get a request in the Stony Brook, NY area. I get to the location where she requested, and it's road in a dense forest, thinking she is coming off a hike, I call her. She tells me she's at Target, 4 miles away.
That's almost as silly as posting about New York in the Raleigh-Durham section of the UP forums. :rolleyes:

RaleighUber

Yes...passengers can rate and tip later.