1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Wrestler refused ride with "service animal".

Discussion in 'News' started by kdyrpr, Aug 8, 2018.

1. kdyrpr

kdyrpr Well-Known Member

FormerTaxiDriver♧ likes this.
  2. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow Well-Known Member

If his twitter is private then how did Uber know to respond to him ? And dogs are either service dogs or emotional dogs. There is no indication that his dog is really a service dog. Sounds like another emotional dog scammer.

3. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter what the dog does if you don't ask. The pax said it was a service dog. The driver could have asked what tasks the dog is trained to perform, but apparently didn't. Game over.

If someone claims to have a service dog, and you refuse service without legal grounds, you have violated the law and Uber will deactivate you without appeal.

It doesn't matter what you think of the pax, the dog, the law, or anything else.

Take the damn dog, or Uber will deactivate you. This is not rocket surgery, folks!

4. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow Well-Known Member

i start recording at any sight of a dog while i start questioning

5. UBERPROcolorado

UBERPROcolorado Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    In Colorado, dogs in Ubers are a daily fact. Dogs are allowed in most stores, restaurant patios, public venues and the list goes on. At least one but often 2 or 3 dogs a shift.

I don't even ask if they are support critters. They are alway welcome and after 2 yrs and 7400 trips....never had a problem.

Love the dogs or get deactivated.

6. Brian-drives

Brian-drives Active Member

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Just file this one under stupid driver !
    Take the passenger , take the dog , collect money and Move on !

7. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧ Well-Known Member

My last service dog owner had to swap out his golden retriever for a black lab, because he was getting cleaning fees. This guy was 100% blind, and gave me four quarters for vacuum.

I'm okay with black dogs because the seats are black. Black dogs are the best!

uberdriverfornow likes this.
  8. EphLux

EphLux New Member

If a passenger had a huge Boa Constrictor and claimed it was his "emotional support animal", what would you do?

9. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧ Well-Known Member

Put it in the trunk!

10. EphLux

EphLux New Member

I would take out my cell phone, give him a ride, get a million hits on youtube

Mista T likes this.
  11. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I have a towel in the trunk. If rider has a dog, I put it on the back seat and ask the rider to make sure the dog stays on the towel, in case a later rider has allergies. So far, 4 dogs, 0 problems. The only real service dog was with a blind man, and it sat on the floor.

goneubering likes this.
  12. kcdrvr15

kcdrvr15 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    All real service dogs are trained to sit on floor between riders legs. They will never jump up on the seats.

13. akamai

akamai New Member

14. Stevie The magic Unicorn

Stevie The magic Unicorn Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    One of my long long time regulars has a dog. I thought for several years he was BS-ing me about it being a service animal. (Large dog, a huge doberman)

Until one day he said pull over and he threw money at me, way over tipped, told me to call 911, took 2 steps out of the car and dropped and had a seizure.

Turns out the puppy i thought was just a pet (that never really bothered me) was a seizure alert/response dog. The dog helped him get to the ground and went dragged him away from the edge of the curb by his belt while he was flopping on on the sidewalk, picked up his bag and dragged it out of arms length of him, I was rounding up a sweatshirt under his head from the car and the dog physically got under his head to keep his head from slamming on the ground.

I'm on the phone with the 911 operator and he stops seizing and the dog actively woke him up while he was on the ground. Then the dog found his cell phone in his bag and got it for him.

None of this involved him needing to be ordered to do anything.

Honestly... i take people by their word ever since. You never know.

And dogs are better than kids 99% of the time anyway.

just_me likes this.