• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Wrentham to Capetown S. Africa

Sprunt2001

I got a ride request from Wrentham tonight and it looks like no one is home. I send the "I have arrived" message and wait a few minutes. I get a response from passenger saying he doesn't see the car. I call him to confirm I have the correct pick up address and he says he's at some hotel I have never heard of, so I ask what city is that in. Passenger says Capetown SOUTH AFRICA!!!!! I tell him I'm in Massachusetts U.S.A. and all I hear is silence and then a thick accent telling me to stop effing with him and he is going to be late. I repeat where I am and he hangs up, so I no show him and get cancellation fee. I called Uber to ask why the app would let a 7,700 mile ride request go thru and I get the please let me put you on hold B.S. response. The Uber rep has me on hold for a good 5 minutes and then asks why I am calling if I received the correct cancellation fee. Are you kidding me? This company is so screwed up it's unbelievable. Maybe I don't like wasting time, gas, effort and not to mention possibly missing out on an actual ride I could actually complete. Unfortunately this isn't the 1st time something like this had happened to me, but getting a ride request for another continent takes the cake so far!

Attachments

Arb Watson

I got a ride request from Wrentham tonight and it looks like no one is home. I send the "I have arrived" message and wait a few minutes. I get a response from passenger saying he doesn't see the car. I call him to confirm I have the correct pick up address and he says he's at some hotel I have never heard of, so I ask what city is that in. Passenger says Capetown SOUTH AFRICA!!!!! I tell him I'm in Massachusetts U.S.A. and all I hear is silence and then a thick accent telling me to stop effing with him and he is going to be late. I repeat where I am and he hangs up, so I no show him and get cancellation fee. I called Uber to ask why the app would let a 7,700 mile ride request go thru and I get the please let me put you on hold B.S. response. The Uber rep has me on hold for a good 5 minutes and then asks why I am calling if I received the correct cancellation fee. Are you kidding me? This company is so screwed up it's unbelievable. Maybe I don't like wasting time, gas, effort and not to mention possibly missing out on an actual ride I could actually complete. Unfortunately this isn't the 1st time something like this had happened to me, but getting a ride request for another continent takes the cake so far!
Next time tell him to order UberJet.

Sprunt2001

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was wondering why you were calling too. Consider yourself lucky you got your cancellation fee. Do you really think you can straighten out Uber’s glitches?
Always a negative know it all. Considering we don't know drop off locations until we start the ride, it is very frustrating to waste time on a goose chase to knowhere.This is more than a glitch, the app shouldn't accept a trip to different continents period. I'm sure you would be happy getting trips that are impossible to complete and be happy with a cancellation fee though. Thank goodness Uber has such understanding contractors such as yourself!

Tysmith95

Always a negative know it all. Considering we don't know drop off locations until we start the ride, it is very frustrating to waste time on a goose chase to knowhere.This is more than a glitch, the app shouldn't accept a trip to different continents period. I'm sure you would be happy getting trips that are impossible to complete and be happy with a cancellation fee though. Thank goodness Uber has such understanding contractors such as yourself!
I'm sure that Ubers in Istanbul cross continents every day.

ErkanAk

I'm sure that Ubers in Istanbul cross continents every day.
There is a big fight in istanbul. Taxi drivers beat uber drivers when they catch them. Plus police tickets uber drivers and riders both. But uber pays for the tickets. Uber doesn't give up this business in istanbul. Tomorrow i will be in istanbul n i will use taxi, i see uber is more expensive than taxi.

Goodellsux

Simple. Type a few wrong letters and auto fill picks the wrong location.

I once had a group of women going to franklin park zoo and the app auto filled Franklin zoo in New Zealand. Told them I’d have to stop for gas before we got on the boat.