• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

WOW, This is the nicest thing Uber has done for me....

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
They do this is Seattle too. They invite us to special catered dinners where we rub elbows with Uber HQ bigwigs (including Dara occasionally) and inform us of Uber's visions of moving forward with new projects and ideas. They want our feedback.

Feel entitled about this, because you are. We have 14,000 drivers in Seattle but Uber only invites 120 of us "Special Ants" to these events. For some reason I get invited every time.

Invisible

They do this is Seattle too. They invite us to special catered dinners where we rub elbows with Uber HQ bigwigs (including Dara occasionally) and inform us of Uber's visions of moving forward with new projects and ideas. They want our feedback.

Feel entitled about this, because you are. We have 14,000 drivers in Seattle but Uber only invites 120 of us "Special Ants" to these events. For some reason I get invited every time.
What feedback have you given Dara?

WNYuber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Look for a follow-up post on this event.....i wanna see how Uber throws an event!!
I'm renting a tux & I'm gonna party like it's 1999!
I wanna get my freak on with my fellow Uber driverssssssssss!

mch

Call me cynical but if this were to go down here in Philly (or NJ for that matter) it would go down one of two ways

1. They'd have it at the airport lot. They'd feed us day old soft pretzels then hand us all a mop and a bucket and make us clean the bathroom

2. It would actually be one of those police sting operations. Like the ones where they tell people with outstanding warrants that they are getting a free TV then arrest them when they show up.

WNYuber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

So is this considered a holiday gathering or an information gathering type of event?

Invisible

Call me cynical but if this were to go down here in Philly (or NJ for that matter) it would go down one of two ways

1. They'd have it at the airport lot. They'd feed us day old soft pretzels then hand us all a mop and a bucket and make us clean the bathroom

2. It would actually be one of those police sting operations. Like the ones where they tell people with outstanding warrants that they are getting a free TV then arrest them when they show up.
Why no Philly Cheese Steaks? At least here, we’d get cheese, sausage and beer. It’s our food pyramid.
A4541DE4-1972-410A-B2CC-78E97854684A.jpeg

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
What feedback have you given Dara?
I couldn't even get close to him. Too much thirsty Ants up in here.

SeattleAntsDara.jpg

I have spoke with our Uber GM (Alejandro Chouza) .....
7d55300cba6a9d240cfc0d038c1a9ae9_XL.jpg

......and gave him some feedback about my annoyance at Pax being able to text and call us when the vehicle is in motion.

Anyways my primary focus at these Meet N Greets is not to smoochy smooch Dara. I took notes and pictures (secretly) of what they were saying that would affect the local drivers, and then I came here and shared it with the entire Seattle board (my home board) so that all my fellow drivers could have the information that Uber chose to only share with a select few.

The driver's needs are my focus. Those Ants that jumped damn near knocked each other down to get in that photo with Dara...well that's their priority, not mine.

Coastal_Cruiser

Holy feedback opportunity Batman!

OK. For your next event. I'm making a list. I will check it twice. Main thing on my mind right now is extra bennies if driver operates an electric car. Could be fashioned as a PR move. Charging discounts with EVGO, additional DFs, free sandwiches at Togo's.

And anything else you can think of. I trust your judgement.

(And I'll take one of those hoodies too)

Invisible

I couldn't even get close to him. Too much thirsty Ants up in here.

View attachment 384577

I have spoke with our Uber GM (Alejandro Chouza) .....
View attachment 384578

......and gave him some feedback about my annoyance at Pax being able to text and call us when the vehicle is in motion.

Anyways my primary focus at these Meet N Greets is not to smoochy smooch Dara. I took notes and pictures (secretly) of what they were saying that would affect the local drivers, and then I came here and shared it with the entire Seattle board (my home board) so that all my fellow drivers could have the information that Uber chose to only share with a select few.

The driver's needs are my focus. Those Ants that jumped damn near knocked each other down to get in that photo with Dara...well that's their priority, not mine.
That’s nice of you to have taken notes (secretly). Don’t worry, I won’t tell. 😊. The woman in purple doesn’t look happy.