1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Wouldn't it be nice....

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Ubergirlzz, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Ubergirlzz

Ubergirlzz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    No, I'm not referring to The Beach Boy's song. Wouldn't it be nice if us Uber drivers could SEE the pax destination before accepting pickup? Of course, I know why Uber does this -- because of all the short 3-4 mile rides. No one would take 'em.

2. Grahamcracker

Grahamcracker Well-Known Member

I would take anything that was equal to or greater than the distance it takes for me to travel to the rider. Even if it's 1 mile, $4 is the minimum fare here for about 10 minutes worth of work.

Ubergirlzz, tohunt4me and Oh-Lord like this.
  3. Jesusdrivesuber

Jesusdrivesuber Well-Known Member

You don't have to take them, the removal of destination is just a tactic to force the contractor to take it by scaring him/her.

Ask them and if you don't click with their destination be it by profit or logistic's plan, cancel it or have them cancel it.

If uber deactivates you, drive lyft and put them on unemployment, tons of people are starting to do that.

4. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    "tons of people" are going to be very dissapointed then. You can't get unemployment from Uber.

Shangsta, MN_UberRacer and uberer2016 like this.
  5. Jesusdrivesuber

6. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Shangsta likes this.
  7. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Then you wait 1/2 hour to make another $4.00 because Uber oversaturatrd the market

8. Jesusdrivesuber

There are more in process and already awarded in other states, in the UK... Uber is an employer, Google is your friend if you feel like reading more.

If a country has them classified as employers, yeah I am going to ahead and say a "ton" of people.

Of course, you can always get stepped on and like it, no one blames you for that, I am giving the OP advice.

Btw, that link alone is an 8k settlement, how much do you think he paid his lawyer for that measly amount? LOL.

9. MSUGrad9902

MSUGrad9902 Well-Known Member

My favorite is when you have a destination filter set but the pax lies on their destination to get you to pick them up. Then they tell you it's going the other way. Next time that trip doesn't happen.

10. circle1

circle1 Well-Known Member

. . . And thank you for that, Captain Obvious :D