1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Would you support a product that exploits thousands of drivers? Don't request or accept Uberpool!

Discussion in 'Boston' started by Dr. Ub, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Dr. Ub

Dr. Ub

Dr. UbNew Member
    Uber Pool benefits the riders and Uber. Uber pool exploits the drivers without mercy. I no longer accept pool except maybe when I am on a destination trip. Lately, I've made a point not to accept any pool rides, period. Returning home empty feels good and is morally justified by comparison to picking up uber pool riders: is it fair that a second pool rider uses my vehicle for a 5 mile trip that lasts 15 minutes that pays Uber ~10$ whereas I only receive 2$ from the second uber pool rider? Believing strongly that the pool product is totally unfair to the drivers, I find it morally disturbing to support a product that is the hallmark of a scavenger business strategy that piles up profits for a greedy corporation without any regard for the economic and emotional well being of the drivers? Note that there would be no uber products without the uber drivers yet we receive the lowest amount of compensation for the services that we provide: time, distance, and the use of our own vehicles. I hope that more drivers will ignore uber pool whenever possible and that drivers voice your concerns by writing to uber (Use "I have another account question option on your dashboard") to let them know that both you as a drivers and many of the riders using uber pool are dissatisfied with the service (including its latest reincarnation). Any pool incident, however minor, needs to be reported. If you feel at all uneasy and uncomfortable and totally stressed out as I do about Uber pool, simply let Uber know how you feel. This will eventually add pressure on Uber to either reform or let go of pool altogether. Any future improvements need to put the drivers on the front seat, so to speak . . . It is just unfair that we carry the heavy burden of delivering a problematic product without much benefit and often at a higher risk to be down rated by pool riders who wish to benefit from a dirt cheap fare with the high hopes of receiving an uberx ride experience. It is hard to please a pool rider on a pool ride when another (and another) pool rider is added to the trip . . . The pool product sets drivers up for failure and is economically unsustainable from a driver's perspective: more stops, more passengers in the car which makes it difficult to manage, takes longer time to complete, higher risk of costumer dissatisfaction, and all for a whooping miniscule and laughable fare. If you can, please consider not contributing to such a blatant exploitation of the uber driving force. Ignore uber pool altogether - don't accept and cancel especially if you have less than 5% cancellation rate (in which case you can afford to occasionally cancel a trip or two in order to keep your acceptance rate above 60%). Riders: every time you order an uberpool ride, know that you are keeping alive a product that is set up to exploit drivers to their bare bones. Drivers: every time you accept uber pool, know that you are supporting a product that is totally unjust and akin to sweatshops. After 1500+ rides and 4.85 rating, I am convinced that Uber pool is the greatest of all evils in the ride sharing industry. We must put a stop to it. If you are using uber pool to qualify for weekly incentives ask: if Uber is able to offer 70$ for 70 rides, is it not possible to offer uber pool fares at a slightly higher rate? Or add a $1 dollar pick up fee that goes to the driver in order to make up for the time and distance we invest (without pay) to get to the riders? Is it not possible to at the very least award uber pool drivers a minimum earning of $3.75 for a second uber pool rider added to the trip? Uber reps told me that Uber pool is their most popular product. Ask yourself why this must be. It is because uber profits most from a product that is offered at the expense of the drivers time and limited resources (gas, car, and sanity).

BrightStar likes this.
  2. RichNH

RichNH

Agree but all you have to do is stop new requests and it pays pennies less than an x ride

3. Tnasty

Tnasty

I'm getting peppered with pool requests.I took a lyft line job the other day and it was at a stop n shop.The lady had a full carriage full of groceries.

4. Golfermack

Golfermack

Driving:
    UberX
    Would you support a product that exploits thousands of drivers?
    Uber exploits all drivers. I don't drive for Uber, but thousands do.

5. Why are you worried about your acceptance rate? You only go to Uber Jail if your cancellation rate creeps up. I have an acceptance rate staying steady at 40% and no worries.

6. E30addixt

E30addixt

Driving:
    UberX
    The problem with accepting and then stopping new requests is the message it sends.

It effectively tells Uber we're willing to work for that rate. Having that rate become the new normal is not a good thing.

truzoo likes this.
  7. elcentro20

elcentro20

Driving:
    UberX
    I ignore all pools under 2.5x

8. Jagent

Jagent Moderator

Just say no to pool. Period. Why give free rides? Because that's basically what you're doing if the additional pax aren't traveling further than the first one.

truzoo likes this.