• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE
Inshur

Would you prefer your passenger to sit in the front?

Kevin_H

Sometimes, it's uncomfortable for me being introverted when a passenger asks to sit in front, I cannot refuse though. it's a plus if the person is talkative . Otherwise, I try to start the conversation or play music.

-JR-

Sometimes, it's uncomfortable for me being introverted when a passenger asks to sit in front, I cannot refuse though. it's a plus if the person is talkative . Otherwise, I try to start the conversation or play music.
Simply one star everyone that even attempts to sit up front.

Paxholes should know to sit in the rear diagonally across from the driver.

Got a problem with that?... get back on your bus 🚌

Some loan women may prefer to sit directly behind you. (Due to previous drivers perving).

They get one starred too for tarring me with the same brush.

And we all know what happens when a bloke sits directly behind you:-

IMG_4458.GIF

I often refuse.

But it's HOW you do it.

If the bag on the front seat which is pushed to its extreme forward position doesn't work.

Together with driving farther so that pax is adjacent to REAR door.

When they stupidly try to open the front door, I lower the window and ask them if they wouldn't mind sitting in the back.

Once onboard I "joke" about that is where they are SUPPOSED to sit.

And that some Taxis don't even HAVE a front passenger seat.

And that the rear seat diagonally across from the driver is THE best seat in the car (it's where the Queen sits).

And why don't they let their Uber driver chauffeur them around like a Lord. Etc etc etc.

The real reason of course is that paxholes can stink and at times try to invade personal space. Those are best-case examples.

Check out worst case:-

Last edited:

Dubs666

Simply one star everyone that even attempts to sit up front.

Paxholes should know to sit in the rear diagonally opposite the driver.

Got a problem with that?... get back on your bus 🚌

Some loan woman may prefer to sit directly behind you. (Due to previous drivers perving).

They get one starred too for tarring me with the same brush.

And we all know what happens when a bloke sits directly behind you:-
Not all front seaters are bus passengers, some are drivers that have the car in the garage

Pegasus

Not fussed where they sit, tbh. Where I live and work they're all ok. Even at 4am when I go out to work. Different city, different standards.

-JR-

Not all front seaters are bus passengers, some are drivers that have the car in the garage
Of course not ALL front sitters are bus passengers.

Some Irish like to sit up front because culturally they see it as bad manners / disrespectful to sit in the rear.

This is true if your friend is giving you a lift.

This is not the case if you are paying for the service from a stranger.

I also educate these well meaning folk.

We're not in Ireland now and when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Last edited:

Blueskyplus

Pax should sit in the back. I used keep stuff on the front pass seat in order to discourage them but some stubborn stood like a statue until I clear the seat.
The thing is not all but some of them smell terrible or have bad breathe and one top of that if someone is drunk or under the influence of drugs and start talking rubbish and ask for ur opinion then job done.
It can also happen if u have a group and they choose the shittest person to sit in the front who talks non stop while keeping his/her mouth right towards u and spraying his/her drunken mouth fluid all over u.

-JR-

Pax should sit in the back. I used keep stuff on the front pass seat in order to discourage them but some stubborn stood like a statue until I clear the seat.
The thing is not all but some of them smell terrible or have bad breathe and one top of that if someone is drunk or under the influence of drugs and start talking rubbish and ask for ur opinion then job done.
It can also happen if u have a group and they choose the shittest person to sit in the front who talks non stop while keeping his/her mouth right towards u and spraying his/her drunken mouth fluid all over u.
It's amazing the number of people who believe they HAVE to turn around for people in the rear to hear them.

When I talk, I do so with eyes forward.

It's not difficult and people can still hear me clearly.

Yep. Alcohol can sometimes make people less self-conscious.

I try to avoid working nights but when I do I stick to residential pickups and NEVER collect from Pubs/Bars/Clubs.

moe786x

Normally I have my Passanger front seat right to the front.
Headrest tilted forward and the seatbelt already on for the non existence pax.
Together with a sign (blank sign - airport pickup) works 9/10!
I drive up to the passnager make them adjacent to the rear door and there in.
More rear space for them and front for me.

Had a few who would
open the front door
put the seat back
unbuckle the seatbelt
hand me the sign
just to sit in the front.
So much effort for a £5 journey.

Get in the back same as u do on the bus.

-JR-

Normally I have my Passanger front seat right to the front.
Headrest tilted forward and the seatbelt already on for the non existence pax.
Together with a sign (blank sign - airport pickup) works 9/10!
I drive up to the passnager make them adjacent to the rear door and there in.
More rear space for them and front for me.

Had a few who would
open the front door
put the seat back
unbuckle the seatbelt
hand me the sign
just to sit in the front.
So much effort for a £5 journey.

Get in the back same as u do on the bus.
Makes me want to get a Vito and rip the front passenger seat out.

Maybe install a partition too so I don't have to breathe the same air.

BCs certainly have the best vehicle for the job!!!

Jriaz81

I used uber as a passenger twice once to Heathrow and 2nd bromley to tooting and both time driver asked me to sit infront 🙄

-JR-

I used uber as a passenger twice once to Heathrow and 2nd bromley to tooting and both time driver asked me to sit infront 🙄
Probably newbies still reeling from the shame of being an uber driver.

Don’t get me wrong, nobody aspires to be a minicab driver but the trade was certainly much less embarrassing before Uber stuck their oar in!

They figure people won’t suspect they’re working if you sit up front.

Or, they’ve yet to be battle-hardened with an education in projectile vomiting! 🤮

Or... you’re so good-looking, they just HAD to have you within arms reach 😘😂🤣

Last edited:

Anon2014

Of course they can sit in front and as soon as they get in, they can start fiddling with the radio, turn up the volume and listen to crap music. But they must also play around with the heating and turn it up really high on maximum temperature. To top it up, they must also use the dashboard as a drum kit and sing along in their best tone-deaf voice.

What's not to like!

UberLuxbod

Makes me want to get a Vito and rip the front passenger seat out.

Maybe install a partition too so I don't have to breathe the same air.

BCs certainly have the best vehicle for the job!!!
If you are talking about the TXe you are correct, but the TX1/2/4 was not a great vehicle to drive, has character though.

The Vito is an overpriced Courier van conversion and should never have been allowed in London.

Dov

Of course not ALL front sitters are bus passengers.

Some Irish like to sit up front because culturally they see it as bad manners / disrespectful to sit in the rear.

This is true if your friend is giving you a lift.

This is not the case if you are paying for the service from a stranger.

I also educate these well meaning folk.

We're not in Ireland now and when in Rome, do as the Romans do.
When in London do as the Romanians do