1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Would you pick up a passenger at the Police station?

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by Mrsmith, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Mrsmith

Mrsmith

This morning I got a ping to the Hamilton Police Stn. I accepted it initially but after I looked at the map I cancelled the trip. With other drivers getting tickets, would you pick up a pax at a police station?

2. Homer J

Homer J

Driving:
    UberX
    Not a chance in hell. I wouldn't be concerned about the PAX in general, but I would be concerned that it was a sting. It may sound dumb to be concerned about it, but I think that the cops would do it just to see if they got any takers. They know that eventually they'll get someone if they wait long enough.

3. UberXTampa

UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    Last week I was at St. Pete and kept getting pings from police station and then from 22nd street etc. I cancelled the police dept after accepting it. I drove to others and there were 2 marked police cars and no visible pax around. I cancelled while I was still at least 200 yards away. No need to risk it.

PoorBasterd likes this.
  4. djino

djino

I once had a destination that showed "police station".

I confIrmed with pax, and she said it's the apartment across the street from it as she didn't know the actual address.

Djino

5. PinkYetti

PinkYetti

Driving:
    UberX
    Not a chance! Cancel trip and wait for the next one.

6. Moe2015

Moe2015

I had a pax calling me asking to pay in cash ?! Was so weird, I declined and canceled.

7. Depends on where you are. I've picked up a young lady just getting out of jail on a DUI. That was Sarasota.

8. PinkYetti

PinkYetti

Driving:
    UberX
    You're in the states where uber has proper insurance and is regulated. Here in Canada were getting charged and some are getting their vehicles impounded.

Once things are sorted out here I'll pick up a pax anywhere

PoorBasterd likes this.
  9. HELL NO!!!

10. Voluntarily? No, I'm not insane.

11. Actionjax

Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    I did at 53 division. They just ordered it out front not realizing the situation. I asked if they were there and they said no they were just walking and got tired. But I was thinking of canceling. Either way I been looking to get charged. I like putting up a fight for this kind of stuff.

12. I salute you for your bravery.....but I definitely would have cancelled it. I have a commercial drivers license and I'm still looking for work in that field. Dings on my record mean more for me than just higher insurance premiums; It makes it much harder to find bus driving jobs.

13. inpool

inpool

I drive through ride spot check with pax in da back,pick up in front of cops at the cne.Cops in toronto have multiple stabbings,shootings & homicides to worry about some poor ass uber driver making peanuts.If anything cops feel sorry for your poor ass.Although i would be careful in the sticks where cops could possibly have vested interest in the taxi industry

14. Actionjax

Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    I have the same at stake. I'm a signing authority to give drivers licenses for M class vehicles with the MTO. Any infractions would cost me that authority.

PoorBasterd likes this.
  15. Myxx

Myxx

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I have the same at stake too!

16. I've gone through one ride check with a pax. I told the pax to let ME do all the talking. Even if the cop asks the pax a question, let me do the answering. If the cop asks me anything about Uber or who my pax is, my answer would be: "with all due respects, officer, we're under no legal obligation to provide you with that information." I also made sure to lock my phone screen. The cop only asked if I had been drinking and I shook my head. Then he waved me on my way.