Would you buy a car for Uber that was not black in color?

Inshur

Jorlev

Wondering what the board thinks about car color mattering to Uber pax. Do you think they prefer a black colored car as it might appear to be more professional looking and psychological give a higher rating or would you say car color is not an issue. It seems a majority of Uber cars do seem to be black (in color - Not Uber Black). It may seem like a silly question but one would want every advantage when it comes to pax ratings.

Your thoughts appreciated.

marcusguber

I would definitely consider it and actually think I would prefer it since EVERY damn car is black, on a Sat night PAX are looking at a sea of black camrys and IMHO a car of a different color would help them find you easier.

No_Username

Some of the people that have other color cars, besides black, simply got it for a better deal. I could of gotten my same exact car ( 2013 sonata se) with 60k miles in red with tan interior for 2k less but I went with black on black since it looks more professional. Now looking back and seeing a lot of other colors, I should of gotten the red one

Uberman8263

Here is a history lesson. In the early eighties yellow cabs were allowed to have radios to pick up passengers. These taxi owners belonged to co ops. The major co ops had names like. Dial, UTOG, and LOMTO. These taxi owners had so much business off the radio that they felt that it was better to remove the medallion from there cab and either sell the medallion or lease it out. Since they had a cab that was running well they would paint it black and just pick up off the radio. This was called "going black" hence the expression black car.
After there black cabs aged out, these former taxi owners started buying better and better cars. Soon everyone had or were required to have a luxury car. Lincoln Town Cars became the most popular. This became me a race to the top. Now we are entering a race to the bottom. As uber lowers rates and other apps follow, the drivers with the lowest cost structure will be the ones who are successful. Do not fool yourself into thinking that the color of your car will effect your ratings. IMO

DerBundes

Your actual car and service, is what determines your ratings. When I switched to NYC and upgraded, they sent their generic bullshit emails saying that my Caddy was to be black with black interiors. This office idiot said if I didn't comply, would be downgraded to Black. Yea, for the use and dedication I give UBER... SURE!

60000_TaxiFares

Your actual car and service, is what determines your ratings. When I switched to NYC and upgraded, they sent their generic bullshit emails saying that my Caddy was to be black with black interiors. This office idiot said if I didn't comply, would be downgraded to Black. Yea, for the use and dedication I give UBER... SURE!
Doesn't an Uber Black car have to be black in color? I says that is a requirement on the Dayton, OH site.

Downgraded from Black? seen X, XL, Select, Black... what's next in NY? SuperBlack?, Superfly?

CC

DerBundes

1-). Doesn't an Uber Black car have to be black in color?
2-). Downgraded from Black? seen X, XL, Select, Black... what's next in NY? SuperBlack?, Superfly?

CC
1-). It says it, but what if you acquired the vehicle before joining Uber?! Will they pay for the metallic painting, I don't think so... Mine's grey metallic and is a beautiful colour, but the interior is black.
2-). You know there's always a pedantic Dominican "Know-It-All" at the office (I can say it, I'm Dominican!).
"You can still join, but as BLACK because your vehicle's not fully consistent with our requirements."

Then you wonder why Trump will build that wall.

60000_TaxiFares

1-). It says it, but what if you acquired the vehicle before joining Uber?! Will they pay for the metallic painting, I don't think so... Mine's grey metallic and is a beautiful colour, but the interior is black.
2-). You know there's always a pedantic Dominican "Know-It-All" at the office (I can say it, I'm Dominican!).
"You can still join, but as BLACK because your vehicle's not fully consistent with our requirements."

Then you wonder why Trump will build that wall.
So one is demoted to black in some places because the vehicle isn't black, but must be black (with white interior ok?) in areas where black is black and nothing is no higher than black, as one cannot be demoted to black for a non-black car if nothing is no higher than black....

Sorry , I'm almost 90% thru my day of plumbing h*** and a 12 pack so I get to ramble....

That proposed wall if completed as proposed may actually really **** with the cost of Uber mgt's weekends...... Won't bother my party liquor from my Kentucky boys though.

What do Uber mgt. employees make $$? I'll think up this twisted **** for 20% less... offer expires 7/29.

And whats the deal with these prices at Home Depot???

Stay Safe

CC

Inshur New York