1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Would you answer the phone

Discussion in 'Sydney' started by Cash In Hand, Mar 19, 2017 at 4:41 PM.

1. Cash In Hand

Cash In Hand Active Member

Every time I'm with riders or customer my side chick call me it's ok to pick up the phone

2. everythingsuber

everythingsuber Well-Known Member

Of course. These things are important. You don't answer the phone she could turn your life to crap. Your social life is important and any decent passenger would understand. If the roles were reversed they wouldn't think twice about answering.

Lexkan, Mr Fetch It and Uber Dad PI like this.
  3. JCS26

JCS26 Active Member

Yes of course, she might be in heat and needs a good touch :D

4. Pippo

Pippo Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    No let her think you have someone better in the car. Nothing like a fiery femme

Mr Fetch It likes this.
  5. everythingsuber

Pretty good point actually. If it's a female passenger get her to answer the phone.

6. idanzzz

idanzzz Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    ask her to facetime you next time so she see's the chick in the car with you :D

7. Ha. Yes that will bring the fiest.

everythingsuber likes this.
  8. stevet

stevet Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You are at work....DONT answer the frigging phone!

Sydney_Driver likes this.
  9. everythingsuber

Uber is not really work. It's a lifestyle and that lifestyle could possibly include a social life.

10. Sydney_Driver

Sydney_Driver Member

I never answer the phone.

If it's the Mrs she knows it means I'm driving. She also knows that if it's urgent to call back and I will answer.

I don't want random strangers listening in on our conversation.

ricdam likes this.
  11. everythingsuber

If you are having marital problems random strangers often give the best advice. Maybe you are working too much?

12. UberRA

UberRA Member

If you have a female pax that is not otherwise occupied, put her on speaker and introduced them to each other. Use adjectives like cool, fantastic, beautiful (only if it is believable) etc to describe your pax in your introduction. You get good ratings with the pax and make your woman think you hang out with fun, beautiful women all day. Two birds (heh) with one stone. Even better if your pax is the giggling, girly, big personality type.

If she get jealous, don't take her seriously, don't get defensive and don't deny her claims. Just say something like she is cute when she is jealous. Or jokingly say "If you are afraid of competitions, don't worry, I won't do anything unless you are part of it".

13. ThatUBERman

ThatUBERman Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I do this all the time...what's the problem?

The phone is on uber app, mounted onto dashboard. It rings while I'm driving pax, I answer while I'm driving. I put the phone into loudspeaker so pax can hear......a typical conversation with MY SIDE CHICK usually goes like this.....

"Hey baby, what's up"
    "When you coming home, I'm lonely"
    "Did you shave today? ....you know I like it clean"
    "I'll do it now....only if you come home now"

Pax. They don t mind...some girls even ask me...are you single?
    Never had a pax complain

sliderz, phoenix41 and The Fan like this.
  14. Mr Fetch It

Mr Fetch It Well-Known Member

I get my five year old son ringing me all the time. I ALWAYS answer. Pax love it!!! Lots of good convos about him and my family and also he often says hello to my pax. As do my little girls, but they can't really speak. Tips galore. And it definitely makes pax realise you are human, so they treat you nicely and rate well.

I'm with the answer crowd obviously, but DURFRED! of course we're at work, but we are bloody uber drivers, not real estate agents closing a deal. I'm a rare driver who actually loves ubering, and its things like talking to my family, wife, and kids at work that keep me happy, motivated, and friendly. Boo to the cardboard drivers, booooo!

(Of course if you speak a LOTE at home, and your passanger speaks English, then you probably shouldn't yabber on in front of them, bad ratings await)

sliderz and everythingsuber like this.
  15. Mulder99

Mulder99 Well-Known Member

Depends, if it's family then yes...

Friends, then to voicemail and I call back...

16. CoolAnt

CoolAnt Well-Known Member

If it's a lifestyle it's a pretty bad one.

Mr Fetch It likes this.
  17. Mr Fetch It

Mr Fetch It Well-Known Member

Bad lifestyle and pay. Easiest and least stressful job I've ever had.

Its a tough decision.

Dieudonnee likes this.