Would-be car jacker shot by Concealed Carry holder in the South Loop

blackjackross

https://abc7chicago.com/would-be-ca...concealed-carry-holder-in-south-loop/5272059/

Hoorayh! One for the good guys.

Someone attempting to jack my car is going to get the same thing. Watch for our incompetent Cook County prosecutor, Kim Foxx, go after this guy for a hate crime.

The family of the victim will likely sue in civil court for depriving them of income generated by his occupation of high-jacking cars. Most likely, they'll win and get awarded a multi-million dollar settlement.

Ad nauseam

This one concerned me. The ghetto "bump n' jack" that Southsiders had to steal themselves from years ago, the aging BMW (2015) the place, the time (ride share sweet spot for ORD rides)
I feel for the driver. As much a "win" for the Karachi world view - also thinking in terms of shared humanity - what awful result: gun spot splatter and brains everywhere. Required impoundment for investigation.
Emotional toll.
I seriously doubt everyone will sleep like a baby cuddling their so called and often misinterpreted 2nd ADmendment "right"
I know, many will cry themselves like babies for months, even years.
High price to pay, let's stop being so cavalier

I had said time and time again (hear me 80s?) That to borrow a Lyft line (hurts) I am driving towards a goal.

Don't give a flying one about surge or the collective good. Or the names. In short order I will have created viable and reliable - sustainable income
...from the bs kibbles and bits that I sustained - taking it like the next guy.
Haven't entertained the rigmarole all year.
New day.
Use me?
I'm using
this to get somewhere be a better somebody. I roll with the punches and take seriously my risk. But somehow, someway, someone blows my head off for my POS car....I'm good. Sign of the times.
Post automatically merged:

Oh BJ. Take your meds.

Flashback121

https://abc7chicago.com/would-be-ca...concealed-carry-holder-in-south-loop/5272059/

Hoorayh! One for the good guys.

Someone attempting to jack my car is going to get the same thing. Watch for our incompetent Cook County prosecutor, Kim Foxx, go after this guy for a hate crime.

The family of the victim will likely sue in civil court for depriving them of income generated by his occupation of high-jacking cars. Most likely, they'll win and get awarded a multi-million dollar settlement.
If I’m not mistaken IL has a law that if you kill someone in self defenses and it’s justified then you can’t get any civil lawsuits against you

karachi

Great day for law abiding gun owners everywhere!! Play stupid armed car jack game, might have your head shot off Pulp Fiction-like!! Cleaning up the city, one bullet at a time.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

veblenrules

I'm happy as a clam that this happened the way it did but the statistics still show that this very much is the exception that proves the rule. which is why this is so sensational. We see a lot more stories about accidental shootings killing kids and moms or innocent bystanders, drivers, etc. And before you start with me, this type of story isn't usually suppressed by :"mainstream media" or we wouldn't have heard this one.

karachi

I'm happy as a clam that this happened the way it did but the statistics still show that this very much is the exception that proves the rule. which is why this is so sensational. We see a lot more stories about accidental shootings killing kids and moms or innocent bystanders, drivers, etc. And before you start with me, this type of story isn't usually suppressed by :"mainstream media" or we wouldn't have heard this one.
Most of the issues you mention can be cleared up by being an educated, practiced and responsible gun owner. The bystanders being shot are usually at the hands of gang members who shouldn't have a gun and have horrible aim.

veblenrules

Most of the issues you mention can be cleared up by being an educated, practiced and responsible gun owner. The bystanders being shot are usually at the hands of gang members who shouldn't have a gun and have horrible aim.
We need at the least serious sanctions against fools who don't properly secure weapons in their homes and much stricter oversight of weapon inventory so we know where the guns are. Way too many folks running around with stolen and unregistered firearms. Way too many accidental shooting of little kids in accidents. I guess we could have marksmanship classes for gangbangers too....

karachi

We need at the least serous sanctions against fools who don't properly secure weapons in their homes and much stricter oversight of weapon inventory so we know where the guns are. Way too many folks running around with stolen and unregistered firearms. Way too many accidental shooting of little kids in accidents. i guess we could have marksmanship classes for gangbangers too....
No need for "sanctions" (I think that's for countries :p), when current law will do. Barring going into your home to check, there is no way for the authorities to confirm proper securing of guns. We usually find out after the fact when an accident happens, and charged accordingly with crimes of negligence.

And no change of laws will ever stop criminals from running around with stolen guns. Criminals will be criminals. Armed law abiding citizens will keep doing the Lord's work.

Last edited:

ChrisFZ

Guy alone probably not a carjacker...but flashed a gun trying to get away with the situation (guys with guns like to do that, act like they are tough).

...but dead men tell no tales.

If the 21yo would have shot first at sight of a gun he could have said the same thing.

karachi

Guy alone probably not a carjacker...but flashed a gun trying to get away with the situation (guys with guns like to do that).

...but dead men tell no tales.
My money is on the update that the deceased hoodrat will be confirmed to have been cruising a stolen 2019 cheap Volkswagen. But, in the unlikely case you are right, he still got what was coming to him for his foolishness. Never pull a gun unless you intend to use it. A minor fender bender is no reason to pull your weapon. Rest in peace failed car-jacker and/or dumb gun owner.

Resolved.

Last edited:

4Wheels5Stars0Hopes

My money is on the update that the deceased hoodrat will be confirmed to have been cruising a stolen 2019 cheap Volkswagen. But, in the unlikely case you are right, he still got what was coming to him for his foolishness. Never pull a gun unless you intend to use it. A minor fender bender is no reason to pull your weapon. Rest in peace failed car-jacker and/or dumb gun owner.

Resolved.
He was an honor roll student!

Ad nauseam

UberBeemer

This could have been any one of us.
I am grateful it wasn't. Not grateful for a fatal shooting. This violence is out of control though. When i was a kid, you just had to worry about a smash and grab. Now its guys demanding your keys.

karachi

I am grateful it wasn't. Not grateful for a fatal shooting. This violence is out of control though. When i was a kid, you just had to worry about a smash and grab. Now its guys demanding your keys.
If only it was just "asking" for your keys perhaps I'd say this shooting was unnecessary. However, a gun was brandished and one can not know the hoodrat's intention. (Kidnap, rape, murder, etc.) And I am grateful that society does not have to pay for free room and board and meals to the dearly departed car-jacker. May he rest in economical and righteous peace.